A little lighter news today. Going to brag on my young'un a bit.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
My wife's "great, great, great" grandfather is George Mason Graham, aka "The Father of LSU". My daughter did her social studies project on him. She finished first place at her school fair. Last week she attended the regional fair and finished first place. She is now headed to the state fair in Lake Charles, LA. As expected, our friends and family are just over the moon about her doing so well and have called, text or posted on FB their congrats all weekend. It's a big deal, or to us it is. But the "fly in the ointment" to all of this is that though my daughter's "great, great, great, great" grandfather is the "Father of LSU". She is a dyed in the wool Alabama fan. So dyed in the wool that when we lost the championship game she literally cried. Broke my heart. She looked over at me the moment the game was over, with tears filling her eyes, and said "Daddy, I'm not used to Alabama losing championship games." I knew then I "had dun" my job as a responsible parent. She is one of us. :biggrin2: We've had a few people make comments (lighthearted in nature) about how they cannot believe she is kin to the person who is credited for starting LSU and yet is a "damn Alabama fan". Roll Tide! LOL!

Last edited:

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Kudos on your parenting skills! Congratulations on the honor she is receiving, hard work should always pay off!!!

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Congrats to her, you, and your family. The heart swells immensely when your kids have a personal success like your daughter is currently having.

And by the way, my oldest daughter cried too. Alabama losing broke her heart.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Congrats to her, you, and your family. The heart swells immensely when your kids have a personal success like your daughter is currently having.

And by the way, my oldest daughter cried too. Alabama losing broke her heart.
Yes it does. It makes me so proud to see my kids succeed at things I never did. I wasn't the strongest academic person. I guess the smartest thing I ever did was recognizing that I needed to marry someone with better intellectual genes than myself. I'm just glad when all the DNA finished mixing together they ended up with their mama's smarts......and good looks. :)

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Glad to hear that after six generations the corn dog gene has been bred out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.