Searchable Database of Trumps Campaign Promises

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-mad...ocumented-663-of-them-3d28f0131e7f#.dzwplr1ac

663 of Trump's Campaign Promises . Click on the appropriate topic in the link above

Along the way, he made 663 promises (and counting), according to a ThinkProgress analysis of Trump’s public statements that examined well over 4 million words from his media interviews, his policy position papers, and his speeches to supporters, interest groups, and national television audiences.

Some promises I like. Some I don't.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
One of these days folks are actually going to accept the notion that you can present all the so-called 'fact checking' or postings of 'lies this person has told,' and it simply doesn't matter. Aside from the fact that neither left nor right has any monopoly on the truth, the bigger problem is that when you vote for (or support) a candidate it is BY COMPARISON with another.

And all that has to be done to overturn even a true presentation is ONE counter-example of the opponent lying (and since everyone lies at one time or another it's not hard to come up with proof of this one).

Elections - whether won by left or right - are NEVER won by appealing to 'facts.'

(Btw - this wasn't directed so snidely at you seebell as it is this constant insane notion that "if we fact check right then and show folks this person is lying then that will end their support").

Folks knew Ronald Reagan - at the very least - spun yarns without any basis in fact, mixed up movie scenes for policy discussions and confused basic things. It never cost him at all because folks knew that in general Reagan said the same stuff in 1964 as in 1984.

Folks knew Bill Clinton was lying his ash off about Gennifer Flowers - they didn't care.

Folks knew GW Bush was at a minimum exaggerating the connection with Iraq and Al-Qaeda and the WMD argument - they re-elected him anyway because they preferred him to John Kerry.

Folks knew Obama had lied about health care - they didn't care, or at least enough of them didn't to replace him with Romney.

And the amazing thing is this: the threshold for Trump is so low that it's going to be damned near impossible for him to not exceed the low pole. The press flushed their credibility in the crapper and he knows it - so he's going to get by with more stuff than other folks. His cult (just like the Bill Clinton cult - I heard them, too) will justify any lie with, "Well, what do you expect, he can't do anything without congressional support and the Democrats have already decided that they're not gonna support him no matter what he does."

It's the old Jules Witcover comment about Reagan all over again: what he says and what he does are two different things but getting folks to actually CARE about that is something altogether different.

Barring WW3 or a Great Depression, he will get away with a LOT.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
One of these days folks are actually going to accept the notion that you can present all the so-called 'fact checking' or postings of 'lies this person has told,' and it simply doesn't matter. Aside from the fact that neither left nor right has any monopoly on the truth, the bigger problem is that when you vote for (or support) a candidate it is BY COMPARISON with another.

And all that has to be done to overturn even a true presentation is ONE counter-example of the opponent lying (and since everyone lies at one time or another it's not hard to come up with proof of this one).

Elections - whether won by left or right - are NEVER won by appealing to 'facts.'

(Btw - this wasn't directed so snidely at you seebell as it is this constant insane notion that "if we fact check right then and show folks this person is lying then that will end their support").

Folks knew Ronald Reagan - at the very least - spun yarns without any basis in fact, mixed up movie scenes for policy discussions and confused basic things. It never cost him at all because folks knew that in general Reagan said the same stuff in 1964 as in 1984.

Folks knew Bill Clinton was lying his ash off about Gennifer Flowers - they didn't care.

Folks knew GW Bush was at a minimum exaggerating the connection with Iraq and Al-Qaeda and the WMD argument - they re-elected him anyway because they preferred him to John Kerry.

Folks knew Obama had lied about health care - they didn't care, or at least enough of them didn't to replace him with Romney.

And the amazing thing is this: the threshold for Trump is so low that it's going to be damned near impossible for him to not exceed the low pole. The press flushed their credibility in the crapper and he knows it - so he's going to get by with more stuff than other folks. His cult (just like the Bill Clinton cult - I heard them, too) will justify any lie with, "Well, what do you expect, he can't do anything without congressional support and the Democrats have already decided that they're not gonna support him no matter what he does."

It's the old Jules Witcover comment about Reagan all over again: what he says and what he does are two different things but getting folks to actually CARE about that is something altogether different.

Barring WW3 or a Great Depression, he will get away with a LOT.
He probably will. But I think he'll do a great job. I like all he's done so far.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Not a fact check, Selma. I just thought it might be interesting to see how many promises Trump will keep. I am well aware that candidates make multiple empty promises.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I think anyone with enough intellect to vote knows a POTUS can't accomplish everything they promise to support. It takes all three branches to accomplish meaningful change. We can see now what happens when all you do is right orders, that are destined to be undone as soon as the next guy comes along.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.