News Article: Trump Signs Order To Continue Keystone, Dakota Pipelines

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
LINK HERE.

U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday signed executive actions to accelerate the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipeline projects and to decree that American steel should be used for pipelines built in the United States.
Trump also signed an action to expedite environmental review and approval of high-priority infrastructure projects that he hopes to get moving as part of his drive to rebuild U.S. airports, roads and bridges.
Thoughts?

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Thoughts?
I hope the thoughts came before the action.

Jokes aside, I am interested in the details. This could go either way with me. I know personally how that the previous administration played politics with the energy sector, but I'll have to see if this is well thought out or (more probably) just more of the same from a different angle.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
1. Expected.
2. Like the requirement for using US steel.
3. Hope that "expedited environmental review" doesn't turn out to be a euphemism for "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead".

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
My default position is to support the continued development of domestic energy as long as there is justification in the market to do so. Regarding the steel, the customer should get the best deal possible, so I don't see the justification for the domestic requirement.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Did he really sign an order or is it an alternative fact? Who can keep up nowadays?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Doesn't a treaty give the Indians control of part of the land the pipeline goes through. Does PaleFace speak with forked tongue again?

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I think the land is only close to the land covered by the treaty. I say drill baby drill and let's pipe our fill. Of course I am biased, I have an out of work oil field hand in my family. Yes I know that is a greedy position, but it's an honest one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.