Question: Are the Millennials "fixing" the bad eating habits of America?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
For all the bad stuff that gets thrown at the Millennials here's something they are getting credit for that should be applauded. Seeing how big (in number) their generation is they are able to change the landscape of markets by their purchasing behavior. This in particular being their eating habits and choice of food.

We've seen grocery stores, restaurants, soft drink makers etc. change their product to cater to what the Millennials like. They are a health conscious generation that wants fresh, organic and healthy food options. You see fast food establishments changing their menus trying to get their business. Is it possible that as this generation ages (assuming they keep the same eating patterns) and the generations ahead of them die out. That fast food places that serve greasy fries, burgers etc become a thing of the past or at least are reduced to a fraction of the market place they historically have held?

http://www.shape.com/blogs/weight-loss-coach/will-millennials-make-food-supply-healthier

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
That fast food places that serve greasy fries, burgers etc become a thing of the past or at least are reduced to a fraction of the market place they historically have held?
Just another reason to dislike Millennials

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'll be honest here - I think we Gen-Xers deserve more of the credit wrt changing the food landscape. Most of the millennials I know are still starting their careers and eat more fast-food crap then the far-more-expensive organic options. Most everyone I know who its entirely (or almost so) organic are people who are more established financially - primarily in their late 30's and older.

Granted, that's a limited data point, but fro my perspective, that's where the change has occurred.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'll be honest here - I think we Gen-Xers deserve more of the credit wrt changing the food landscape. Most of the millennials I know are still starting their careers and eat more fast-food crap then the far-more-expensive organic options. Most everyone I know who its entirely (or almost so) organic are people who are more established financially - primarily in their late 30's and older.

Granted, that's a limited data point, but fro my perspective, that's where the change has occurred.
You sir, are a true Alabama fan. Claiming titles that aren't yours.

:wink:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

As a millennial myself, I can attest to this. Would I like to eat healthier and better? No doubt. Don't always have the time for it, and I sure don't always have the money for it.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
My son and daughter are millenials. One supports this notion and the other rejects it. There is still hope that I will be able to get a greasy burger and fries when I'm in the old-folks home.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I know it's not my place to tell the admins how to do their job, but I feel like DPF's thread about the Jack's worker should be merged with this one. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.