Link: Butch Trucks, Allman Brothers Band Drummer and Co-Founder, Dead at 69

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Butch Trucks, one of the Allman Brothers Band's founding drummers, died on Tuesday. He was 69. Page Stallings, Trucks' booking agent, confirmed the veteran musician's death to Rolling Stone, but said a cause of death is currently unknown.

Alongside drummer and percussionist Jai "Jaimoe" Johnny Johanson, Trucks helped lay the swinging foundation for southern-rock drumming. Jamoe once asked Duane Allman why he wanted two drummers in the group, according to the Allman Brothers biography One Way Out, and the guitarist referenced Otis Redding and James Brown's dual-drummer bands.
:frown:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...n-brothers-founding-member-dead-at-69-w462870

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Sorry to see this.....my fav. band in college was The Allman Brothers Band and of course the fact that they had two drummers had a huge effect on the style and quality of their music. Especially the jams....

Well at least Duane and Berry now have their old percussionist back for their sessions in heaven.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
One site is reporting that he shot himself, in the head, with his wife present. You can Google the link, if you like.

I didn't like it, but thought there might be an interest in it. So, in the interest of being fair and balanced, and letting you decide if it is fake news or not............(isn't that how it works, these days?)

Do any of our B'ham members know who his uncle was? No, I didn't have to Google it. But, you can, should you desire.

Maybe the last guy who knew the answer to the last of my goofy "do you know" questions will have this one, at his disposal.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.