I miss you, Coach Bryant

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
Re: I miss you, Coach..

I was a captain in the legal office at Altus AFB in Oklahoma then. Our master sergeant, who was from Sylacauga, came to tell me as he had gotten a call from a family member that Coach Bryant had died. News didn't spread nearly as fast those days.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

To many Alabama fans who were old enough to remember it was like for my parents when JFK was shot, for others when the Challenger blew up or 911. You recall exactly where you were and what you were doing when you heard the news Coach Bryant had passed away. That is how I know he was a very special human being , not just a great coach. RTR

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

I have always wondered why Coach Bryant was buried in Birmingham and not Tuscaloosa. Does anyone know?

Bamamax1

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2017

I have always wondered why Coach Bryant was buried in Birmingham and not Tuscaloosa. Does anyone know?
It may be Alabama football played at legion field in Birmingham back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I really wished someone would step up and make a quality movie about his life. It's really a story that ought to be told the right way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Coach Bryant passed away when I was but a toddler. Growing up there was a clear reverence of him, especially when I would visit family in Coker, AL. I remember seeing pictures of him, soda bottles, and hearing his quotes. He's a legend. Bigger than that in some ways...I never knew him, but miss him, too.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
I was 28 on my way to work in Decatur,Al. Grew up in Mich never was really a big football, my cousin got some tickets against Tenn at Legion field in 75, followed Alabama ever sense,Loved Coach Bryants style and character,demeanor truly a mans man. Got every book, quote, movie written or said or watched. Been to his grave a couple times sure am glad they stepped up and cleaned it up. Never understood how his kids let it get like that as much as he provided for them, I'm sure he wasn't around as much because of his work ethic but still.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.