What is your end of the world comfort food?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I guess you have never encountered the derogatory term: "industrial corn lager", to describe..............well, a lot of swill that many people seem to imbibe.

This isn't Germany...............!
Nope, never heard that one, and I'm 77. And have drunk a lot of beer in my time...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The Works...yum!

The "best" part of a Vinnie pie (other than a place like Domino's would chuck one of theirs, in the bin, if it looked like his) was the special ingredient: smoke.

Smoke from never cleaning the surface of the oven! Made worse by all the sauce, that slopped over the edge, when he threw one in the oven. Gave it that "wood-fired oven" flavor, without having to actually use one. One could easily see the thick layer of smoke, hovering under the ceiling. Some folks were grossed out, by that. There are places like Pizza Rut and Pizza Sin, for those people.

As for the size............

Back in the day, I could eat an entire large, at any pizza joint around. Anywhere. No sweat.

I could not eat an entire small, at Vincent's. My stepsister, and her husband, would order a small, and take some home.

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Nope, never heard that one, and I'm 77. And have drunk a lot of beer in my time...

Guess that means you are not a beer snob.

I never cared for wine (glad my grandfathers are not alive, to hear that one), so instead..............

Basic rule of beer: if you can see through it, don't drink it!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This thread is hard for me - I don't really have a sweet tooth. I literally cannot remember the last time I ate some sort of pre-packaged snack, outside of a candy bar a year or two ago. I guess some beef or bacon jerky?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.