News Article: Californians looking to secede?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...hind-a-secession-effort-in-california/517890/

On paper, the leader of the California secession movement lives in an apartment complex near San Diego’s Golden Hill neighborhood. But in reality, the Calexit campaign is being run by a 30-year-old who lives and works in a city on the edge of Siberia. Louis Marinelli heads the secessionist group Yes California. Following the election of Donald Trump to the presidency, the organization has gone from an unknown fringe group to one discussed seriously in mainstream media.

What has not been discussed as prominently is Marinelli’s deep ties to Russia. A former right-wing activist from Buffalo, New York, Marinelli first moved to Russia almost a decade ago. He studied at St. Petersburg State University, the alma mater of Russian President Vladimir Putin. He returned to the United States to campaign against LGBTQ rights as part of the National Organization for Marriage. Marinelli then returned to Russia. He would marry a Russian citizen, and the couple moved to San Diego, where Marinelli launched a political career based on a platform of California secession.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Look out, Jon, you are on the same side as Michelle Malkin.
She can be right once in a very long while after all

kidding of course as over the years I've agreed with her now and again. FWIW I don't completely agree with her here other than that there is a Russian effort to help it along and that the leader of Yes California is a Russian

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
California's problem is they got regulations that regulate the regulations regulating regulations. Home prices and rents are artificially high because of the pieces of filth running the show. My part of the state will stay in the USA whether it's part of CA or not. In fact, that's preferable for many here.
East California?
Sane California

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.