News Article: Californians looking to secede?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
We already tried this once, in 1865, and we were told in no uncertain terms that secession was not allowed. I'm sorry, but California will have to stay with the rest of us whether they like it or not.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I'll help write the legislation. I'll personally fly to rallies and help convince people this needs to happen. I'll print flyers. I'll do whatever they need me to do.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
The Feds set the price for wanting to leave at @650,000. Or, extrapolated to percentage of population, the tally is in today's terms is more than 6,000,000. Personally, if they want to leave ..... bye!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The Feds set the price for wanting to leave at @650,000. Or, extrapolated to percentage of population, the tally is in today's terms is more than 6,000,000. Personally, if they want to leave ..... bye!
Do you realize how great that would be for the rest of us? Afic, to heck with the 650,000. Help us build the wall on CAs northern and eastern borders, and we'll call it even.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Do you realize how great that would be for the rest of us? Afic, to heck with the 650,000. Help us build the wall on CAs northern and eastern borders, and we'll call it even.
Given that CA has the richest state economy and subsidizes the less affluent states (which are mostly red) through federal redistribution, I don't think it would be as great as you suppose.

Regardless, it ain't happening.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
California has between the 6th and 8th largest GDP in the world on it's own somewhere around the size of France. Losing them would be a massive net loss to this country.

And if it happened Trump bent towards protectionism would make everything far, far worse. Protectionist tariffs on 90% of the technology you consume and massive percentage of your agricultural products especially through the winter

In case you haven't noticed Silicon Valley has driven our economy for decades and y'all want to let that go? I have little hope remaining for our republic

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
California has between the 6th and 8th largest GDP in the world on it's own somewhere around the size of France. Losing them would be a massive net loss to this country.

And if it happened Trump bent towards protectionism would make everything far, far worse. Protectionist tariffs on 90% of the technology you consume and massive percentage of your agricultural products especially through the winter

In case you haven't noticed Silicon Valley has driven our economy for decades and y'all want to let that go? I have little hope remaining for our republic
an abacus was good enough for my great great great granpappy when he defeated sherman in georgia

'member when there was a texas secession movement that got folks all tingly a few years back.
And just like Texas, Cali isn't going anywhere. They couldn't self sustain long at all and would need federal aid, or foreign aid in this case, to make it year to year. Then there's that military part...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
And just like Texas, Cali isn't going anywhere. They couldn't self sustain long at all and would need federal aid, or foreign aid in this case, to make it year to year. Then there's that military part...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
oh i know, no one is going anywhere

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I love the idea that its a great idea to make Intel, Cisco, HP, Apple, and 49 other Fortune 500 companies, quite literally more than 10% of the fortune 500, foreign companies. Sounds like a winning idea to me

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I love the idea that its a great idea to make Intel, Cisco, HP, Apple, and 49 other Fortune 500 companies, quite literally more than 10% of the fortune 500 foreign companies. Sounds like a winning idea to me
well, all of the fortune 500 companies headquartered in ga-5 haven't done a damn thing to keep this place from being a run-down hell-hole

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.