USC Trojan fan calling us out on recruiting

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Never have understood the penchance for players to want to pose in front of cars and with wads of cash like there some phony rapper posing for an album cover

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I'll say one more thing on this: I have been told that in the last 5 or so years, cars for student athletes are seriously regulated and triple-checked with regard to improper benefits.

That being said I'm not naive enough to think they don't receive something. Still, there's no substance to this and we don't have any evidence these cars even belong to the players. They seriously think one of our players is driving around in a BMW i8?

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Humorous stuff in that thread.

How about a deal - the NCAA systematically investigates both programs (USC just got its rectal exam in 2010) and vacates any wins where there are improprieties.

OR they just give us our Heisman and BCS trophy back and we call it a day.
The OP of that thread is butt hurt really bad and wants THEIR Heisman back.

In all seriousness, 52-6 was the turning point for USC's resurgence on the field and also in recruiting. It exposed Max Browne, forced him out of the program, and allowed Helton to start Darnold.

I'd rather win the Rose Bowl than lose the National Championship, but maybe that's just me.
Yep, sure buddy. Sure. Ask the Trojan players which game they would rather have played in. SMH.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Alabama 52
USC 6

I'm guessing they thought they got hit by a convoy of cars last September 3rd. Close - it was a convoy of 18 wheelers but that wouldn't make as interesting a suggestive pic, would it?

Besides - do you really think I'm supposed to believe these folks know what's going on in Tuscaloosa but had NO IDEA Reggie Bush was on the take?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Never have understood the penchance for players to want to pose in front of cars and with wads of cash like there some phony rapper posing for an album cover
Well, the wads of cash thing is a bit more immature, but for someone who grew up poor it is no small thing. I didn't grow up in the social media era, thankfully, but I remember getting my hands on a couple of hundred bucks (not even mine) and showing this unfathomable amount to people. Also, the most cash I'd seen up until that point was when my sister got graduation presents before going to college. Anyway, I'm not too big a fan of the pictures with cash thing, but they're not the first people to try and show off money...

Anyway, I hate taking pictures, but even I have posed with a car before. I think most people have. In my case my wife rented a Lotus Elise for my birthday and I took a picture with it. Ironically when an Alabama fan posted pictures of USC players with cars, the USC fans were quick to point out that one was from prom, but somehow oblivious to the fact that players on other teams take pictures for special occasions to.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If my son got a full ride to "central poly tech" I'd make sure he had a new car to drive around for four years and, it's possible, he might take a picture of himself in front of it and post it to SM.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'll say one more thing on this: I have been told that in the last 5 or so years, cars for student athletes are seriously regulated and triple-checked with regard to improper benefits.

That being said I'm not naive enough to think they don't receive something. Still, there's no substance to this and we don't have any evidence these cars even belong to the players. They seriously think one of our players is driving around in a BMW i8?
Not to mention all those pics were at a gas station in Florida.....lol

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This is such a stupid topic honestly, but instead of going with the obvious, yes people in college get cars thing...

I should probably point out something I'm not sure I saw mentioned in either thread. Yes, the University of Alabama is actually paying these guys now. They get 4,000 to 5,000 annually. That's more than enough to make payments on a late model car. So, things have changed since the era of "how did they get that money", they do literally get a check from Alabama now.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
This is such a stupid topic honestly, but instead of going with the obvious, yes people in college get cars thing...

I should probably point out something I'm not sure I saw mentioned in either thread. Yes, the University of Alabama is actually paying these guys now. They get 4,000 to 5,000 annually. That's more than enough to make payments on a late model car. So, things have changed since the era of "how did they get that money", they do literally get a check from Alabama now.
Not to mention, many qualify for Pell Grants and other financial aid. So, a $600-$700 a month car payment is 100% doable! Not to mention with no tuition many parents can afford to buy their kid a new car too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.