Henry Ruggs III, 4-star WR, Montgomery (Ala.) Lee – 11 a.m. CT

LaBryan Ray, 5-star DE, Madison (Ala.) James Clemens – 11:40 a.m. CT

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Well, if we don't get Ray and Solomon, I guess we will be suiting up cheerleaders next fall just to have some warm bodies. That would mean that the combined total DL signed in 2015, 2016 and 2017 would be 5.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He's written a million stories about Alabama recruiting and I find him very credible. He thought at one point that Solomon and Smith were all but guaranteed. Will be interesting to see how his opinion stacks up with our insiders.
I agree about finding him credible but not sure about these predictions. According to him it looks like we may not get any commits which I don't see.

The Ray to FLA thing came out of the blue and think he still picks us. S

Solomon's recent comments about graduation rates and the team being the best leads me to think he is picking Bama.

Ruggs' mom comment that Bama is the exact program they are looking for as a family makes me think he picks Bama in the end.

I did find his comments about Parks was interesting. Wonder what is going on in that whole deal with lots of teams backing off.

Anyway I think we get the above three and get 1 or 2 others (Smith/Mathis).

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Well, if we don't get Ray and Solomon, I guess we will be suiting up cheerleaders next fall just to have some warm bodies. That would mean that the combined total DL signed in 2015, 2016 and 2017 would be 5.
Wow, wonder how much of that can be attributed to losing Bo Davis?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Wow, wonder how much of that can be attributed to losing Bo Davis?
Most of the guys we lost under Davis has been upperclassmen to the NFL or incoming recruits not making the grade. The only recruit vocally that we may have lost on due to Davis most likely is Marvin Wilson. He's a big fish to lose out on due to a coach of course but he would be the only one out of this recruiting class that we may have lost out on due to Davis not being here.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I did find his comments about Parks was interesting. Wonder what is going on in that whole deal with lots of teams backing off.

This is a major head scratcher for me. Either the author is WAY more informed than the rest of us (which could be) or he is regurgitating rumors on the recruiting circuit (which is more likely the case). Parks is high on our board and has over 30 offers from all the big schools including the ones dude referenced in the article. I am often wrong but I will temporarily categorize this as fake news.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Most of the guys we lost under Davis has been upperclassmen to the NFL or incoming recruits not making the grade. The only recruit vocally that we may have lost on due to Davis most likely is Marvin Wilson. He's a big fish to lose out on due to a coach of course but he would be the only one out of this recruiting class that we may have lost out on due to Davis not being here.
I'm not sure what the Davis effect is but don't think it is a lot. We got unlucky with Jonathan Taylor being an idiot and Kendal Hulk Jones not qualifying academically. If we don't have these two casualties we be OK. If we sign the three I think we will in this class along with Buggs this will get us back up to a good, not great, depth situation.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm not sure what the Davis effect is but don't think it is a lot. We got unlucky with Jonathan Taylor being an idiot and Kendal Hulk Jones not qualifying academically. If we don't have these two casualties we be OK. If we sign the three I think we will in this class along with Buggs this will get us back up to a good, not great, depth situation.
Yep losing out on Hulk was huge, no pun intended. The good thing is he will become available for the '18 recruiting class if I'm not mistaken.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
TJ, I think the AJC guy is reflecting what we already know: that FSU has made the Ruggs' decision more competitive than expected.

Ray loved Florida. But is he picking them? I don't think so. I don't think Kirschner thinks so either.

By the way, his latest post says both Ruggs and DeVonta Smith made quick Sunday visits to Tuscaloosa. Here

I agree about finding him credible but not sure about these predictions. According to him it looks like we may not get any commits which I don't see.

The Ray to FLA thing came out of the blue and think he still picks us. S

Solomon's recent comments about graduation rates and the team being the best leads me to think he is picking Bama.

Ruggs' mom comment that Bama is the exact program they are looking for as a family makes me think he picks Bama in the end.

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
TJ, I think the AJC guy is reflecting what we already know: that FSU has made the Ruggs' decision more competitive than expected.

Ray loved Florida. But is he picking them? I don't think so. I don't think Kirschner thinks so either.

By the way, his latest post says both Ruggs and DeVonta Smith made quick Sunday visits to Tuscaloosa. Here
And who gets the last word???

College Football's GOAT

CNS :)

RTR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Thanks for that link. That makes my confidence level on Smith go up.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
He's written a million stories about Alabama recruiting and I find him very credible. He thought at one point that Solomon and Smith were all but guaranteed. Will be interesting to see how his opinion stacks up with our insiders.
Well, he was wrong on Mathis and I think he is wrong on Ray, Ruggs, Smith and possibly Solomon. I wouldn't doubt Saban on NSD...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.