Latest Bama News 1/30/2017 Thru 2/5/2017

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Re: Latest Bama News 1/30/2017 Thru 1/5/2017

Mandeville's Bulovas has chance for dream come true at Alabama - SportsNOLAA-rbr

The state’s top prep kicker has the ability to convert on field goal tries up to an astounding 70 yards, but the more realistic asks will be the more likely challenge. “I want to be consistent from 50-55 yards. I’ve gotten stronger. It’s all about managing myself, my composure. I do my best under pressure,” Bulovas explained.
In a state semifinal matchup against John Ehret in 2015, Bulovas attempted a 69 yard field goal as time expired. The kick fell inches shy of the crossbar. Mandeville missed the Class 5A state championship game by a few inches.
“It was a cold night, and the wind was in my face. No doubt about (making) that kick now, ” Bulovas stated matter-of-factly. “The biggest thing was that I was raw. I got into camp (since then) and focused on consistency and handling pressure. College will be much bigger.”

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

Bama’s dealing with lots of offensive staff turnover-sbnation/rbr

The Tide figure to return each of their top five rushers, who were all freshmen or sophomores. Rising sophomore Jalen Hurts is a running QB, and the guy likeliest to replace him eventually, five-star Hawaiian freshman Tua Tagovailoa, is, too. It’d be surprising if Bama shifted much away from the power option spread.
But the turnover might make things (relatively) tricky
There’s no reason to think Sarkisian can’t call plays as well as Kiffin did. But it’s fair to wonder if Bama’s position coaching changes, coupled with roster turnover at those positions, could lead to some wobbliness out of the gates. That’s not uncommon.
rbr opNo reason to think that the offense will look much different at all. Early returns on Sark seem to suggest a bit more structure in practice and a more defined game-plan. That would be a good thing.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

Bama-FSU might be biggest season-opener ever-rbr

There have been a few top-five openers -- No. 1 Nebraska vs. No. 4 Penn State in 1983 stands out as the biggest of those and No. 1 Florida State at No. 6 Miami in 1988 is the only other that could compare. That one had the added benefit of rivalry (yeah, Michigan-Notre Dame is a rivalry, but FSU-Miami is a rivalry).
But if we get a No. 1 vs. No. 2 (or something close to it) to truly open the season, in an era not known for this kind of out-of-conference game? FOLKS.
If the game is to be televised on one of the Disney networks, you can bet that ESPN’s poll will have these two at the top.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

RLNGTON, TX – AUGUST 31: LSU Tigers helmets are seen during a game against the TCU Horned Frogs at Cowboys Stadium on August 31, 2013 in Arlington, Texas. (Photo by Sarah Glenn/Getty Images)" data-medium-file="https://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptzknzizzmrmnzcyymmxywfmnzkyzjzjm2nknwq5y2e3.jpeg?w=320" data-large-file="https://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptzknzizzmrmnzcyymmxywfmnzkyzjzjm2nknwq5y2e3.jpeg?w=1024" style="max-width: 100%; height: auto; vertical-align: top; width: 752px; margin: 0px auto; display: block;">
Photo by Sarah Glenn/Getty Images

LSU board approves new contracts for Matt Canada and Dave Aranda-cft

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.