The Recruiting Cards have been dealt, Call for TideFans Recruiting Expert Opinions

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Mathis
Park
Ray
Smith
Ruggs
And one Plan B Bama finishes with.
Couple players will blue/grey shirt to make the numbers work.
Great finish, all in all.
And possibly the best class ever.
RTR!!!!!!

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
IMHO, we needed to get two of the "Big Three" ( Mathis, Solomon, Ray ) . We have a real good chance to add Ray to Mathis. That would be mission accomplished, although getting all three would be... indescribable. Probably one of the top ( top 2 or 3 ? ) D line classes in the country if we did. Know we`re recruiting Parks as a Jack, but it`s not a big stretch to see him add a few pounds and put his hand down some. If we miss on Solomon, I wouldn`t be surprised to see a "surprise" on the D line either.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
A Bama football scholly offer has turned into the college football version of the Willie Wonka Golden Ticket!

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Thanks. I've been around the block a little! Look forward to seeing everyone in Atlanta in early September.

RTR

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Haven't seen it confirmed yet but expect it. ESPN has reported though that it is the most ESPN 300 recruits ever. Roll Tide!
I went back on 247 -- and no one has ever broken 320. We are at 320.67 with Smith in the wings....should put is in the 321-322 territory

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Missed who the extra commits were...

Earlier today I glanced at 247, and we had 25 commits.

Now I check and we're at 28. I know one of the new ones is LaBryan Ray. Who else did we get as NSD commits?

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I went back on 247 -- and no one has ever broken 320. We are at 320.67 with Smith in the wings....should put is in the 321-322 territory
I wouldn't count Parks in this class if he is really a grey shirt. However, that still leaves and amazing class that is probably statistically the richest ever. In a position of need, DT, we did miss on our main target and lost another to academics, so from that perspective it may not be best ever.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I wouldn't count Parks in this class if he is really a grey shirt. However, that still leaves and amazing class that is probably statistically the richest ever. In a position of need, DT, we did miss on our main target and lost another to academics, so from that perspective it may not be best ever.
you miss on kids all the time.....that does not define a class....who is in the class does

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
you miss on kids all the time.....that does not define a class....who is in the class does
sure, I agree. But when thinking of how to measure the value of a class, you can just use raw numbers like rankings and points, or you can look to see if needs were filled. It's not about Solomon or Byers, personally, but the fact that we needed more tackles as a team need, and that may come to be a notable weakness in the class as we go forward.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.