The Recruiting Cards have been dealt, Call for TideFans Recruiting Expert Opinions

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Acknowledging that recruiting is "extremely fluid," and 18 year old kids can (and do) change their minds at the last minute, I really would like to see the projected finish in recruiting from our very own recruiting experts. Runtheoption22, Jambama1, RTR91, TiderJ, Sanjosecrimson, tideflyer are the names that come to my mind as they often seem to either be better read/informed than I, or they have sources of information that I am not privy to. I am sorry if I forgot and missed other folks who normally contribute with valuable information to the masses.

If it's too early to project today, will we be able to see a projection this weekend, or at least Mon or Tuesday evening?

Roll Tide.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I will give you mine.

Confident
Ray
Ruggs
Solomon

Somewhat confident (50/50)
Mathis
Smith
Parks (Kirschner had some confusing comments on him so don't really know how to feel)

If we miss on some of the above Todd Harris could be a take.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Thank you TiderJ. It seems to happen every year so I guess I should be used to it by now...But media or recruits ratchet up the drama at the very last minute. I didn't know how Bama really felt about Solomon, and recent posts on this board seemed to indicate a question about Ruggs. I hope you right on all 6!

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I will give you mine.

Confident
Ray
Ruggs
Solomon

Somewhat confident (50/50)
Mathis
Smith
Parks (Kirschner had some confusing comments on him so don't really know how to feel)

If we miss on some of the above Todd Harris could be a take.
I think we get Ray and Smith - maybe Ruggs. After that - no clue, and pessimistic.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
as of right now:

Ruggs, Smith, and Ray for certain. Mathis is a tossup and Solomon literally could pick any of his too four. Parks is a tossup. Harris is in if we strike out on Mathis, Solomon, or Parks.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
as of right now:

Ruggs, Smith, and Ray for certain. Mathis is a tossup and Solomon literally could pick any of his too four. Parks is a tossup. Harris is in if we strike out on Mathis, Solomon, or Parks.
Interesting given the depth at the their positions I would think we would be going after Harris more than Parks but you and several others have more inside information than myself. So I certainly will not doubt what you say.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Interesting given the depth at the their positions I would think we would be going after Harris more than Parks but you and several others have more inside information than myself. So I certainly will not doubt what you say.
Appears Harris is a position call and we have plenty of depth at his position (star). I have seen two different recruiting people say this but not sure how accurate this is.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
According to 24/7 Sports 'crystal balls', Ruggs, Smith, Ray and Parks are ours. Harris is 100% corn dog, Solomon and Mathis also don't trend towards BAMA! 😡

Wonder if we might try to take a graduate transfer or two at D-line.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
According to 24/7 Sports 'crystal balls', Ruggs, Smith, Ray and Parks are ours. Harris is 100% corn dog, Solomon and Mathis also don't trend towards BAMA! 😡

Wonder if we might try to take a graduate transfer or two at D-line.
Mathis was ours, but corndogs got last word so thats why the disconnect there at the moment....

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Having lost AKail Byers, I think we really need to ratchet up the sales pitch for Solomon. I think Ray should be ours. I hope we can get as many DL/DE's as possible. We were shallow at that position this year and next year will be even worse.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Having lost AKail Byers, I think we really need to ratchet up the sales pitch for Solomon. I think Ray should be ours. I hope we can get as many DL/DE's as possible. We were shallow at that position this year and next year will be even worse.
For this recruiting cycle, as has been said and especially with the Byers situation, Ray is a must. Also, IMO, for DL recruiting not to be considered a disappointment, we need either Mathis or Solomon. Don`t feel good about either, personally. If we don`t get either, obviously getting Parks would be a bit of balm.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
True, but we may be able to scrape by this coming season if nobody gets hurt. The year after, however? I`d rather not think about that.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Ray is this year's Ben Davis. He's Roll Tide!!!

Momma has Ruggs ear, believe that!

I think we finish strong like last year but there is always that Cy Type moment where all bonkers breaks loose.

The class is still beast without any of these guys and we'll still add some of them to make it even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
True, but we may be able to scrape by this coming season if nobody gets hurt. The year after, however? I`d rather not think about that.
We need Jamar King to actually contribute, and we might have to use an OLB or two on the edge more than we have in the past.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
We need Jamar King to actually contribute, and we might have to use an OLB or two on the edge more than we have in the past.
Couldn`t agree more on King. As you state, we may very well have to have a couple of guys that ordinarily might not, be prepared to put their hand on the ground some. I guess tomorrow will obviously have a big bearing on that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.