Poll: What is your favorite sammich to make at the house?

What is your favority sammich to make at home?

• BLT

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Fried Bologna

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Pimento Cheese

• PB&J

• Ham

• Turkey

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Or, if you're a misogynist, what is your favorite sammich your lady friend makes for you?

Apparently, I can't spell "favorite" in the poll...good Lord.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Probably bacon, but I love fried bologna too.

What you need is thick cut applewood bacon. Fry it up, not too crispy. A home grown, red ripe tomato. NOT a grocery store tomato. If you don't know the difference, I feel great pity for you. Toast your bread lightly, spread Hellman's mayo on both sides. Squirt some Heinz mustard on the slice your bacon will lay on. Place your cooked bacon on this slice. Next, a slice of sharp cheddar cheese. Having peeled and sliced your home grown, red ride tomato in slices about a quarter inch think, place two slices on your cheese. Sprinkle some black pepper on the other slice of bread and make your sandwich. Experience Heaven.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I'll either go the fancier route with an Onion Bun, spicy brown mustard, nice deli cheeses, tomato, onion, pickle, lettuce etc or if I'm feeling my roots I'll go with a simple bologna sandwich with some cheese, yellow mustard, mayo and some crushed up plain or sour cream & onion chips on the sammich. That extra crunch from the chips makes it perfect.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I'll either go the fancier route with an Onion Bun, spicy brown mustard, nice deli cheeses, tomato, onion, pickle, lettuce etc or if I'm feeling my roots I'll go with a simple bologna sandwich with some cheese, yellow mustard, mayo and some crushed up plain or sour cream & onion chips on the sammich. That extra crunch from the chips makes it perfect.
I revealed to my daughter the excellence that is putting chips on an already superior sandwich. She thinks it's one of the greatest inventions ever. My wife, who is not a sandwich fan, thinks the practice makes us heathens. :)

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
The next one !! Actually a BELT or SELT. Bacon, fried egg, lettuce and tomato (preferably a home grown Cherokee Purple) with plenty of mayo on toast. The SELT is bacon deleted and sausage added to the above.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I revealed to my daughter the excellence that is putting chips on an already superior sandwich. She thinks it's one of the greatest inventions ever. My wife, who is not a sandwich fan, thinks the practice makes us heathens. :)
Nacho Cheese Doritos on a Ham Sandwich, with Lettuce, Tomato and Mayo -- Yep! That's good eating there.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
It weirds my wife out too but I've been doing it since I was a kid and will never stop no matter the looks I get. There have been times when I've made a sandwich with just chips, mayo, and mustard, lol.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I can only make this when my wife is out of town, she cannot stand it. Fried Spam, lettuce, tomato, mayo on light bread.
I grew up eating that, and my wife also has a ban on being in the room with Spam or Treat. I used to love opening the cans for mom with the little key...

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I grew up eating that, and my wife also has a ban on being in the room with Spam or Treat. I used to love opening the cans for mom with the little key...
Me, too, only not fried. My wife also displays an unreasonable aversion to a Spam (and Vienna Sausage!). Refuses to buy it, chases me out of the room when I crack open a can and make a sandwich.

While the sandwiches on the list are all very good, I'd have to say a peanut butter and banana sandwich would be my favorite.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.