DT Aubrey Solomon commits at 9am CT ESPNU (ANNOUNCES MICHIGAN)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Re: DT Aubrey Solomon commits at 9am CT ESPNU

Enjoy those winters.

It's like Coach tells folks. "We'll win with or without you." Best of luck to the young man. Still have an incredible class and I think at least one more gem is headed to finish off the class of 2017 Crown Jewels. RTR!!!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Is he aware he isn't eligible to go to Rome? :rolleyes:
I did not see this before but ESPN has Phidarian Mathis as the #4 DT and Solomon as #5 DT (they have Ray as #2). So while it stings to lose Solomon ESPN feels Mathis is a better prospect.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I did not see this before but ESPN has Phidarian Mathis as the #4 DT and Solomon as #5 DT (they have Ray as #2). So while it stings to lose Solomon ESPN feels Mathis is a better prospect.
Not that we give a squat about what ESPN thinks. But Tom Luginbill (of ESPN) was raving today about what appears to be another #1 recruiting class for BAMA. He and others on the panel just shook their heads in disbelief at how Nick Saban and Alabama just keep on rolling in the talent. Things are looking bright in Tuscaloosa.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Not that we give a squat about what ESPN thinks. But Tom Luginbill (of ESPN) was raving today about what appears to be another #1 recruiting class for BAMA. He and others on the panel just shook their heads in disbelief at how Nick Saban and Alabama just keeps on rolling in the talent. Things are looking bright in Tuscaloosa.
We actually give zero Squats :D

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Ever since I read about Harbough and his "sleep over" visits to recruits, I get the willies whenever a kid signs with him.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Ever since I read about Harbough and his "sleep over" visits to recruits, I get the willies whenever a kid signs with him.
Me too...thing is that Harbough has become somewhat of a D Tackle whisperer or something after landing Gary last year.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Harbaugh is weird. Just plain weird. It'll get him in trouble. You can see it coming.
Agree. He`s got a streak of strange in him about a mile wide. They got some commitment and he and I guess some of his coaches celebrated by jumping in a pool. Obviously his antics appeal to some kids and their parents. Somebody called him the P.T. Barnum of college football. Right on.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Nice win for Michigan...
not to take anything away from Michigan, but Solomon was once verbally committed to them already. not a shocker.
Truth be told, good sources on his recruitment indicated he silently committed to each school he officially visit.
the kid was all over the place. so when those tidbits were surfacing the net, I knew he was going to be playing the game till the end. even with all the shenanigans being play out, Alabama mods and insiders felt it was going to be a close race with Michigan.
but when Tim Watts, the mod on BOL predicted 60/40 Michigan last night, I wasn't holding my breath. Watts is the best in the business and his predictions for Ray, Ruggs, and Mathis even with Tennessee/FSU/LSU closing the gap for those recruits, he held steadfast with all of them signing with Bama.

good luck in Ann Arbor . I hope he enjoys playing against the likes of Cincinnati, Purdue, Indiana, and Air Force.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

furthermore, when Solomon proclaimed that Alabama had a " huge lead" a couple of weeks ago, red flags were definitely there. many fans were skeptical when he said those exact words. the kid was playing the game to the hilt.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.