***WR Henry Ruggs commits to Bama***

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: WR Henry Ruggs commits at 10am CT

Yep. He made a house call in the Alabama/Miss all-star game. This guy will be fun to watch over the next 3 years.
Wonder if he or someone else in this class has the same return savvy that Eddie had ( and hopefully still does )? There seems to be a "knack " to it.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Wonder if he or someone else in this class has the same return savvy that Eddie had ( and hopefully still does )? There seems to be a "knack " to it.
Not sure about the others but Ruggs has the kind of skill to play right away in the return game. He is that legit with the ball in his hands. Reminds me of a bigger David Palmer, he is slippery as crap and the type that rarely takes a hard lick because of his moves.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

How close did elite WR Henry Ruggs III come to picking FSU over Alabama?

When word got out that Lee-Montgomery receiver Henry Ruggs III took an unofficial visit to Alabama on Sunday, many felt that was the end of his recruitment.

The thought was that he told head coach Nick Saban that he would sign with the Crimson Tide on Wednesday.

It couldn't have been further from the truth. Ruggs was up there with younger brother Kevontae', a junior linebacker who was asked by Alabama coaches to visit and earned an offer from the Crimson Tide.

Ruggs and head coach Nick Saban had a quick chat. The elite receiver, ranked as a five-star recruit by 247Sports, let Saban know where things currently stood.

"When I was up there, I told them it seems like they had the upper hand, but I really haven't made my decision 100 percent, so I can't tell you that I'm coming," Ruggs said.

Ruggs struggled mightily with his decision before signing with the Crimson Tide on Wednesday, so much so that Florida State regained the lead in his recruitment a few hours later.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Might have been a 10.42, but did you see that wind pushing the American flag at the finish line! Regardless, he's got serious wheels.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.