*** WR Devonta Smith Commits to Bama ***

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Re: WR Devonta Smith commits at 2pm CT

So we are done. When do we expect Saban to speak?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
BOOOM! Great pickup. Thanks for Rolling with the Tide young man!

Smith, Ruggs, Jeudy, and Shavers ... man its going to be great to see these young men contribute in the future, just wow!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Smith, Ruggs, and Jeudy might be the best WR class Alabama has ever signed
Welcome Devonta !! What a great WR class! Along with Shavers, it should be something to watch these guys going down field in various combos. Then we slip Najee, Bo or Josh out of the backfield. Mercy!

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

Maybe this will shut the Nervous Nellies up about "losing high quality WR recruits because of our QB".

Nah... probably not.
I know right? Who would have thought a 14-1, 1st team all-SEC, offensive player of the year would be such a liability. I'm starting to think there may be other motives behind their thinking.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

What about Chadarius Townsend? Is he going to play receiver?
I wouldn't be shocked to see him listed as a WR/DB just like Diggs, and he'll end up in the position where he can contribute the most. realistically we need more help at CB now than WR and we only added one CB to the class so that would be my bet for CT.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

I wouldn't be shocked to see him listed as a WR/DB just like Diggs, and he'll end up in the position where he can contribute the most. realistically we need more help at CB now than WR and we only added one CB to the class so that would be my bet for CT.
Welcome! RTR! Mr. Smith!

I think you are right on with Townsend.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
RTR. Welcome Devonta!

Are those measurables on Shavers for real? That's pretty outlandish!!
I can't vouch for anything, it's just the common reporting on him. I've seen tape on him, but I can't tell the speed; his QB usually under throws him, but it allows you to see his ability to go up over the defender to make catches. He's very athletically impressive. Some think he's grossly underrated as top 150 type recruit, they think he should be top 50/25.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.