*** DE/LB Jarez Parks commits to Bama as a greyshirt***

Status
Not open for further replies.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
Re: DE/LB Jarez Parks commits at 9am CT

We would have told him that within the last week with the hope Solomon picked us. Since Solomon didn't, his spot became available.

Not saying that's what happened, just how it might have happened.
I agree but find it confusing why he announced at the same time as Solomon unless his school set the signing time.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
DE/LB Jarez Parks commits at 9am CT

ESPNU just speculated that We didn't have room for him. [emoji848]

But I suspect RTR91 is more likely to be correct with Solomon going to Michigan

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

It's possible there are less open spots than it might at first appear; we may be holding a scholarship open for a spring graduate transfer at a position of need (QB maybe)

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

We would have told him that within the last week with the hope Solomon picked us. Since Solomon didn't, his spot became available.

Not saying that's what happened, just how it might have happened.
I believe I read that Aubrey Soloman had notified the coaching staffs of his choice over the weekend, so they should have been aware he wasn't picking Bama. don't think that's the reason.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I believe I read that Aubrey Soloman had notified the coaching staffs of his choice over the weekend, so they should have been aware he wasn't picking Bama. don't think that's the reason.
He said he would do that, but no recruiting reporter felt very confident going into Solomon's ceremony about where he was going. Plus, his coach said he didn't know where Solomon was going.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

I think he may have changed his mind based on the article that was written last week with his statements at the end.

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL

Also, the Michigan defensive coordinator said on ESPN that they found out his choice with the rest of the world today on live TV.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I feel for a lot of these boys. I remember trying to choose a school/future and I wasn't in the spotlight like these guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
The pressure is truly unreal ... feel for these young men as well. Hopefully a lot of this will subside next season with the new rule changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.