*** DE/LB Jarez Parks commits to Bama as a greyshirt***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: DE/LB Jarez Parks commits at 9am CT

Wow that would be pretty remarkable to get a 4-Star Grayshirt. Kid must REALLY want to be here.

How we not have a scholarship for him NOW though with all the transfers, graduating seniors, and NFL draftees leaving?? I thought we had room for 4-5 extra guys going into today??
If my numbers are correct, 12 seniors, 3 leaving early, and the 2 QB transfers.

Without knowing hard numbers, we're signing 25...so there are no extra spots available scholarship wise. We'll have more attrition likely just to fit this entire class.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

We still have three committed not signed yet the kicker, James, and Brannan so it may be room before it is all said and done.

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004

Again, if Parks knew months ago that Bama it was ... then sign the dotted line! Waiting is always risky with Bama! I just wish the media would stop slamming us like we did something wrong!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I have a ton of respect for this kid. It sucks that the stupid SEC signing limit leaves him hanging like this, but it appears he's going to do what it takes to play at Alabama. Those are the kind of guys you want, and to reiterate, it's the stupid SEC signing limit that brought this about. Without that he could have has his ceremony, signed, and may be, if he had to end up delaying his enrollment. Instead Alabama has to tell him to hold off because once again the SEC has a stupid rule that only the SEC has.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

No he's going JC route and hopefully qualify in Jan.
Where was that reported? I know Markail has grade concerns, but I haven't seen anything saying he's going to JUCO.

Bama already announced he's signed, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

Where was that reported? I know Markail has grade concerns, but I haven't seen anything saying he's going to JUCO.

I work with a guy very close to the Central program, according to him Benton has no grade issues take it for what it is worth.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: DE/LB Jarez Parks commits to Bama as a greyshirt***

Some speculation that Parks might be on academic scholarship until January..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wrong person! I was thinking of Akial Byers. My bad.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Re: DE/LB Jarez Parks commits to Bama as a greyshirt***

Some speculation that Parks might be on academic scholarship until January..
Very possible since he's got a 4.0 GPA.
If this young man has the academic chops a grey shirt could be very advantageous to him. It lets him get some classes under his belt before clock starts ticking on his athletic eligibility. If pro ball is not there in three or four years, he could get much of his masters degree paid for as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.