Re: DE/LB Jarez Parks commits to Bama as a greyshirt***

So is he officially coming to bama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I have no idea how Jarez's time at Alabama will play out but he is already one of my favorite players! Roll Tide Jarez!

Bamamax1

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2017

Other than park, who will have to blueshirt or greyshirt.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Other than park, who will have to blueshirt or greyshirt.

Parks - greyshirt
Brannon and Buvalos - blueshirt

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Nope, as I said in an earlier post, the clock starts the moment a student enrolls full time. It has nothing to do with whether a guy has a scholarship or pays his own way.
I looked it up and you are absolutely right. I stand corrected, sorry if I created confusion.

Bamamax1

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2017

How did we offer more players than we could sign? Didn't Saban think this through.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

How did we offer more players than we could sign? Didn't Saban think this through.

asking if CNS thinks about this is like spitting into the wind.

we send over 100 offers. recruiting is a business. sometimes you make tough cuts. Parks had an offer, couldve pulled the trigger in december and been in. but of the people we were unsure of on NSD, he was lower on the totem pole. he was fortunate we offered a greyshirt.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

You're the one who didn't think this through.

Think of it like having 25 tickets to the Super Bowl. Ok, so you know who you want to invite and you offer those 25 people. Everyone who says yes, you say alright they're going. The problem is some of these people refuse to tell you right away, they want to wait until the day of the Super Bowl. You on the other hand refuse to allow these tickets to go to waste. So, you go out and you offer more people, but you start explaining the situation. You have 25 tickets, you've invited other people, but some aren't sure yet if they want to go, so on so forth. Over time more people accept but a few people aren't able to go or change their minds.

In the end, you end up the day of the Super Bowl with a few people still trying to make up their mind. That's the day when, surprise surprise you might have to make up their mind for them. Sorry, they had plenty of time to figure this one out, if there ends up being issues it's created by the indecision of the people being offered tickets. And yes, sometimes there is someone more important to you that you are going to keep a ticket for no matter what...

Bamaphil1

Jan 10, 2017

I tried to Google it, but couldn't find anything specific to the trip to Paris. I wonder when exactly he filmed it? Super cool and I'm glad he wants to come to Bama enough to accept the greyshirt offer.
I think it was with bleacher report

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL

You're the one who didn't think this through.

Think of it like having 25 tickets to the Super Bowl. Ok, so you know who you want to invite and you offer those 25 people. Everyone who says yes, you say alright they're going. The problem is some of these people refuse to tell you right away, they want to wait until the day of the Super Bowl. You on the other hand refuse to allow these tickets to go to waste. So, you go out and you offer more people, but you start explaining the situation. You have 25 tickets, you've invited other people, but some aren't sure yet if they want to go, so on so forth. Over time more people accept but a few people aren't able to go or change their minds.

In the end, you end up the day of the Super Bowl with a few people still trying to make up their mind. That's the day when, surprise surprise you might have to make up their mind for them. Sorry, they had plenty of time to figure this one out, if there ends up being issues it's created by the indecision of the people being offered tickets. And yes, sometimes there is someone more important to you that you are going to keep a ticket for no matter what...
Great analogy krazy! I wish all the idiots across the nation, from the talking heads to your average fan, could read your post. I get sick of the negative spin the media and other fans try to put on a situation like this when it occurs.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

asking if CNS thinks about this is like spitting into the wind.

we send over 100 offers. recruiting is a business. sometimes you make tough cuts. Parks had an offer, couldve pulled the trigger in december and been in. but of the people we were unsure of on NSD, he was lower on the totem pole. he was fortunate we offered a greyshirt.

Agreed. If he wanted on the train he should have jumped aboard long before yesterday. Instead he wanted that ceremony and folks ranked ahead of him got in instead of him. He is partly to blame for this and everyone looks at it like it's all Coach Saban's fault. Surely to God that kid knows how quick our classes fill up ahead of signing day and surely he had plenty of chances to commit before yesterday. Instead he waits and causes himself a lot of grief not to mention how ever many months he sits out. He could have committed right away but where is the publicity in that?

Don't get me wrong I'm glad he's willing to take a greyshirt and still come on board, that's the kids we want but if he really wanted in he should have taken his spot right away instead of waiting.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

In fairness, I've heard Paul Finebaum, Les Miles and Mack Brown all defend both Parks and Saban in all this.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

In fairness, I've heard Paul Finebaum, Les Miles and Mack Brown all defend both Parks and Saban in all this.
The unfortunate thing is that Parks did this really nice video and should have been able to release that earlier and have his moment without losing his place. He just went a little far, I have nothing against him though, he just has to greyshirt now because of the choice he made. I really, really respect him for doing it though. I mean the guys that want it that much are the ones you want. Bozeman was originally going to be a greyshirt.

On the flip side though, the idiots trying to bash Saban or making accusations just lack common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.