*** DE/LB Jarez Parks commits to Bama as a greyshirt***

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: DE/LB Jarez Parks commits to Bama as a greyshirt***

blueshirts represent the newest loophole for FBS programs to accumulate depth while not affecting their annual numbers. Like grayshirt recruits, blueshirts are counted toward the next season’s scholarship total.

There is one distinct difference, however. Unlike grayshirts, a blueshirt is able to enroll and participate in team events in the fall. This allows programs to get the best of both worlds: FBS schools can delay a scholarship for the following year, allowing them to over-sign beyond the 25-scholarship limit, and get the use of a prospect immediately rather than waiting until the following spring.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...hirt-greenshirt-grayshirt-blueshirt/79603750/
Thanks, CB! :cool2:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

Still plenty of opportunity for attrition between now and the first game. I am him I am working out like I am going to have a spot on the team in fall camp.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Still plenty of opportunity for attrition between now and the first game. I am him I am working out like I am going to have a spot on the team in fall camp.
Yes indeed. If there`s a way he can join the team by camp, I`d love to see it. We need all the quality depth we can find to play on or near the D line.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I don't see any opportunities for him to join the team between now and fall camp. I think he'll practice with the team in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.