Bama @ Arkie, 6PM CT Tonight

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Refs would not call fouls away from the basket which made Arkansas's full court pressure and double-teams even more effective. It looked like Coach Johnson wanted the team to slow play on offense which also allowed Arkansas more opportunities to double-team. Bama would dribble into trouble and pick up the dribble and just had nowhere to pass the ball. The players would not recognize the double-team (or triple-team) setting up and would hold the ball too long.

Late in the game, Bama was fairly effective driving into the lane because the refs would call fouls in the paint. Of course, at that point it didn't matter because Arkansas felt no pressure so drained every 3 they took during the last 10 minutes or so.

I doubt Alabama could have done anything to win this game the way Arkansas played but maybe slowing the game down wasn't such a good idea. It also hurts the depth without King or Hale.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Arkansas is not very good, but we did a lot to help make them look that way

Thats done, time to get ready for auburn

Till Dazon learns to value the Basketball, he needs a turnover check

And I think Armond Davis earned heavy minutes, think he played hard and with conviction
Key with 4 turnovers and Ingram with 3; they do turn it over. They are the best players on the team so the ball has to be in their hands more than any other players. They still make bad decisions on when to dribble and when to pass but they don't always have good options to go to when they start to get boxed in

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Refs would not call fouls away from the basket which made Arkansas's full court pressure and double-teams even more effective. It looked like Coach Johnson wanted the team to slow play on offense which also allowed Arkansas more opportunities to double-team. Bama would dribble into trouble and pick up the dribble and just had nowhere to pass the ball. The players would not recognize the double-team (or triple-team) setting up and would hold the ball too long.

Late in the game, Bama was fairly effective driving into the lane because the refs would call fouls in the paint. Of course, at that point it didn't matter because Arkansas felt no pressure so drained every 3 they took during the last 10 minutes or so.

I doubt Alabama could have done anything to win this game the way Arkansas played but maybe slowing the game down wasn't such a good idea. It also hurts the depth without King or Hale.
Agreed on the lack of foul calls helping them use their press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
this team is schizophrenic
No, still down to talent and lack of it - several team members at their best are virtually unplayable at the SEC level.

At least one of them would seem to be a better shooter, "ball handler," rebounder and defender blindfolded...

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
This team is tough to figure out. We can't seem to get a good read on them. One game they look pretty good and the next they look like they just don't understand the game of basketball. Every season there is one game where the other team just can't miss anything they throw up and last night was one of the those nights. Coach Johnson was clearly frustrated last night. I hope he gets them to recognize the opportunity they missed last night. Arky was a winnable game in a tough 4 game stretch to get that resume built for at least a bubble watch for this team. Now, without a minor miracle, this team may miss the post season altogether. We owe Auburn a beating Saturday.

Roll tide. Beat Auburn!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Arkansas is not very good, but we did a lot to help make them look that way

Thats done, time to get ready for auburn

Till Dazon learns to value the Basketball, he needs a turnover check

And I think Armond Davis earned heavy minutes, think he played hard and with conviction
I agree that Davis should be playing more

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
It's called being a very young team.
I agree ... this will get better for the program and when they do, its going to be a LOT of fun to see what they can accomplish. We also have to keep in mind that these guys and the guys that are coming in next year are not the saviors of the program ... but they are the foundation. They will be the ones to help establish BAMA basketball as a powerhouse program.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.