Link: What are the Differences in the Different Color Shirts in College Football?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Since we look to be backcounting 3 players right now (Parks, Brannon and Bulovas), I decided to check the numbers for next season. If I correctly assumed all the players on scholarship, I counted 86 including Robert Foster (plenty of speculation he's gone, though). I counted 12 seniors (excluding Foster), 20 juniors and 8 RS Sophomores. Obviously, not all 40 of those players will leave after next season.

I suspect there are at least four juniors gone after the 2017 season - Harrison, Minkah, Ridley, and Payne. Bo and Damian could join them as well.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Since we look to be backcounting 3 players right now (Parks, Brannon and Bulovas), I decided to check the numbers for next season. If I correctly assumed all the players on scholarship, I counted 86 including Robert Foster (plenty of speculation he's gone, though). I counted 12 seniors (excluding Foster), 20 juniors and 8 RS Sophomores. Obviously, not all 40 of those players will leave after next season.

I suspect there are at least four juniors gone after the 2017 season - Harrison, Minkah, Ridley, and Payne. Bo and Damian could join them as well.
Do you mean Bulovas won't be part of the 2017 team? Sorry but had not heard this before.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
Blue shirts still confuse me. The articles, including AL.com, all say different things. I understand that the "student" will enroll in Aug with his or her class and can practice. One of the articles says the scholarship starts in Aug, the other says Spring. One says they can practice but no play, the other says play. The more I read, the worse I get.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
From his NSD presser, Saban has made these comments:

Saban on kicker: I can't comment on anyone who did not sign a NLI today. I think we have someone that has expressed interest in coming here
Saban on kicking pos.: "I think we have someone (Bulovas)... that has expressed interest in coming to Alabama." Team will address it in Fall
Makes me believe Bulovas will be available, but I'm not positive.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
From his NSD presser, Saban has made these comments:

Makes me believe Bulovas will be available, but I'm not positive.
I heard his presser about the kicker and it sounds like maybe if the guys that are already on campus can do the job then it's all good but if they feel it is not good they will bring on Bulovas.

Bamamax1

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2017
So can any shirt play or what. This cleared some up but not a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
A quick note on blueshirts, and how they work (as I think I've gathered all the info).

A blueshirt is basically a delayed redshirt to an extent.

First, the player can not have been on an official visit to the school (this means they weren't formally recruited). Second, the can't sign a LOI on signing day.

They enroll for Fall semester, are treated as a preferred walk-on, can practice in all team activities but can't play. They can then but put on scholarship, after arriving on campus (as early as freshman practice starting).

It's basically a loophole to be able to posthumously give a scholarship to a freshman who came to your school without one as long as they meet the criteria (not formally recruited).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
To be clear, blue shirts can play immediately. This kid will be your kicker in 2017 if he wins the job.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.