Recruiting Services' Final Team Rankings

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
according to 247,

SEC had 5 of the top 10 classes, 11 of the top 30.

BIG has 2 of 10, and 5 of 30

PAC 1 of 10 and 5 of 30

ACC 1 and 5

B12 1 and 3

ND was #11

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Florida and Texas A&M had the #9 and #10 classes in the country according to Rivals.com, and they had a combined 28 four and five star prospects between the two teams. Alabama had 25 alone.
Teams have to sign elite classes simply to keep up with us.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Florida and Texas A&M had the #9 and #10 classes in the country according to Rivals.com, and they had a combined 28 four and five star prospects between the two teams. Alabama had 25 alone.
Teams have to sign elite classes simply to keep up with us.
To show you how subjective these services are, ESPN has Clemson's class rated #10 (with 14 players in the class) while Rivals have them 22nd. Crazy difference.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
What is ESPN's problem in regards to how they rack and stack compared to the recruiting services who do this everyday for a living? I mean, I acknowledge that forecasting a HS senior's worth 3 and 4 years down the road is more art than science...but ESPN's ranking seems to be an outlier from the other recruiting services. Yet, because they are ESPN many people assume that ESPN's rankings are the standard bearer (for example, most beat writers). To throw ESPN a bone, they did barely mention Dylan Moses. But how could they go all day and not mention our running back commit - Najee Harris? At several points across the last two to four years, Harris/Moses were at the top of every recruiting service. ESPN went all out recognizing Cam Akers from Mississippi but not one word about Harris. Then they made a big to-do about the OT tackle Tennessee and Georgia signed, but their omission of recognizing our OT seemed to insinuate that Leatherwood was in a different tier.

So then.......why is ESPN different?

1. Are they trying to include players and programs across the country to generate interest and a larger viewing audience?

2. Is it Alabama fatigue...maybe some Ohio State fatigue too?

3. Is it related to Tom Luginbill being ESPN's "National Recruiting Director?" I think he has an Auburn funk to him.

4. Maybe I should be satisfied that at least ESPN didn't drag out Heather Dinich or another social engineering experiment and anoint them as a recruiting expert too.

Sometimes ESPN...and you can lump Paul Finebaum in with them now too....makes me sick. Just turn it off and trust in Coach Saban.

RTR

Last edited:

Bamamax1

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2017
What is ESPN's problem in regards to how they rack and stack compared to the recruiting services who do this everyday for a living? I mean, I acknowledge that forecasting a HS senior's worth 3 and 4 years down the road is more art than science...but ESPN's ranking seems to be an outlier from the other recruiting services. Yet, because they are ESPN many people assume that ESPN's rankings are the standard bearer (for example, most beat writers). To throw ESPN a bone, they did barely mention Dylan Moses. But how could they go all day and not mention our running back commit - Najee Harris? At several points across the last two to four years, Harris/Moses were at the top of every recruiting service. ESPN went all out recognizing Cam Akers from Mississippi but not one word about Harris. Then they made a big to-do about the OT tackle Tennessee and Georgia signed, but their omission of recognizing our OT seemed to insinuate that Leatherwood was in a different tier.

So then.......why is ESPN different?

1. Are they trying to include players and programs across the country to generate interest and a larger viewing audience?

2. Is it Alabama fatigue...maybe some Ohio State fatigue too?

3. Is it related to Tom Luginbill being ESPN's "National Recruiting Director?" I think he has an Auburn funk to him.

4. Maybe I should be satisfied that at least ESPN didn't drag out Heather Dinich or another social engineering experiment and anoint them as a recruiting expert too.

Sometimes ESPN...and you can lump Paul Finebaum in with them now too....makes me sick. Just turn it off and trust in Coach Saban.

RTR
Fake news, alt facts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Coaches evaluate players much better than any of these services. With Saban at the helm, all that should matter to Alabama fans is, how happy is Nick Saban with the class that he just signed. He looked pretty darned happy to me. That the services ranked you #1 is a lot less important than that, IMO. After all, you won a number of BCS Championships on the backs of classes ranked lower than #1.

Next up - spring practice!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.