Trump listens to Clinton & Obama on immigration - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Trump listens to Clinton & Obama on immigration

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    So why do you want them here? What good do you think will come out of it? I think we'll create additional welfare/public housing recipients who will exploit the loopholes. In addition, at some point once they have a significant percentage of the population (see Dearborn) they'll start screaming for Sharia Law (see Dallas) and will not assimilate (see Sweden/Germany/France/etc.) into the culture of their host country. If that's what you want, that's what you're going to get. There is no good that will come out of this.
    Lots of things there. Lets separate out the issues first.

On the legality of the EO:
    Do you believe that Trumps executive order was legal?
    If it wasn't/isn't legal, do you think the court should just shut up and allow it?
    Is Trumps disdain for anyone who doesn't agree with him a "good thing?"

On the targets of the EO:
    Who are "them?"
    All muslims?
    Muslims with valid visas and green cards from these 7 countries?
    Is it just muslim refugees you don't trust?
    Is it just refugees from these 7 countries?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chanson78 View Post

If it wasn't/isn't legal, do you think the court should just shut up and allow it?

Who are "them?"
    All muslims?
    Answer my questions first and then I'll respond to yours.

BamaNation All-SEC

Answer my questions first and then I'll respond to yours.
    Fine, I will answer this with respect to any immigrants that wish to come to the US legally.

So why do you want them here?

The same reason Americans have wanted immigrants here all along. To grow the melting pot and further this experiment in Democracy.

What good do you think will come out of it?

The same that has come from immigrants coming to America for ages. Enrich and grow the country as a whole.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

So why do you want them here? What good do you think will come out of it? I think we'll create additional welfare/public housing recipients who will exploit the loopholes. In addition, at some point once they have a significant percentage of the population (see Dearborn) they'll start screaming for Sharia Law (see Dallas) and will not assimilate (see Sweden/Germany/France/etc.) into the culture of their host country. If that's what you want, that's what you're going to get. There is no good that will come out of this.
    Will Not Assimilate! Ding ding ding! This is the correct answer.

Fine, I will answer this with respect to any immigrants that wish to come to the US legally.

So why do you want them here?

The same reason Americans have wanted immigrants here all along. To grow the melting pot and further this experiment in Democracy.

What good do you think will come out of it?

The same that has come from immigrants coming to America for ages. Enrich and grow the country as a whole.
    Jane, you ignorant slut.

Who are "them?"
    All muslims?
    Do I think the EO is legal? The short answer is yes. It is not impacting the Constitutional freedoms guaranteed to US Citizens.

Is Trump's disdain for anyone who doesn't agree with him a good thing? Of course not, but then again, we could argue that the Obama administration used the IRS to intimidate GOP contributors or "right wing" groups claiming tax exemption too. Neither were right, but I certainly don't recall you or the others of your political persuasion calling for an investigation into what appeared to be political retribution by Obama and his minions.

Who are them? Personally or Trump's "them"? My them is all Muslims.

If Muslims with valid green cards/visas from those 7 countries are already here, then there's not really an argument at that point. I wouldn't renew their visas though and would repatriate them once the visa had expired.

Is it just muslim refugees you don't trust? No. I don't trust any of them. Their religion allows them to deny their faith in the face of persecution through the act of taqiya. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya

Islam allows them to deny their religion, Jesus called out Peter for denying his faith even before he actually denied it. I would say there's a distinct difference.

So would you rather have thousands of muslims temporarily denying their faith until they get numbers or just ban them all together and avoid the complications?

I always found this interesting. I don't know how true it is, but I think it's a good guideline.

http://pedestrianinfidel.blogspot.co...uslims-in.html

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar

Who are "them?"
    All muslims?
    The EO is legal in my opinion.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 17-Time World Champions: 2015, 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

CHanson - This is one more reason I support the ban.

https://www.rt.com/news/376697-germa...assault-girls/

BamaNation All-SEC

CHanson - This is one more reason I support the ban.

https://www.rt.com/news/376697-germa...assault-girls/
    You and I aren't going to agree on this. The refugee process for asylum seekers in Germany isn't the same as the refugee process for here in the states.

For more information, CNN has a decent writeup here on what is going on regarding asylum seekers in Germany.

The difference is so vast, but needless to say a refugee from any country that is trying to enter the US goes through a much more stringent process than these people who are causing mayhem in Germany. I think to equate the same behavior is a bit unfair in this case. Unless you assume that the US visa and green card program is completely incompetent, at which point there isn't much more we can discuss. I believe it has done a pretty good job as evidenced by the relative lack of terror attacks when compared to the European countries.

You and I aren't going to agree on this. The refugee process for asylum seekers in Germany isn't the same as the refugee process for here in the states.

For more information, CNN has a decent writeup here on what is going on regarding asylum seekers in Germany.

The difference is so vast, but needless to say a refugee from any country that is trying to enter the US goes through a much more stringent process than these people who are causing mayhem in Germany. I think to equate the same behavior is a bit unfair in this case. Unless you assume that the US visa and green card program is completely incompetent, at which point there isn't much more we can discuss. I believe it has done a pretty good job as evidenced by the relative lack of terror attacks when compared to the European countries.
    Probably not. If they are muslim, what ever process they go through isn't stringent enough in my personal opinion...if it allows them into our country.

I'm afraid you'll just have to learn first hand. I would challenge you go to Dearborn, MI or Patterson, NJ or any other heavily concentrated muslim area during one of their festivals and question them on Sharia Law and their allegiance to the US. I think you'll be surprised by their answers when they are in numbers v. one muslim friend surrounded by a bunch of "bubbas." Remember the term I told you about - taqiya. Any religion that promotes lying to save one's self...I question.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar

Probably not. If they are muslim, what ever process they go through isn't stringent enough in my personal opinion...if it allows them into our country.
    It is this type of belief that is unconstitutional when put into practice.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

I assume you believe that many Muslims are sleeper terrorists waiting to be awakened and that their religion is the predominant trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    It is this type of belief that is unconstitutional when put into practice.
    Do constitutional protections apply to non-citizens who are not on American soil?