Trump listens to Clinton & Obama on immigration

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
It's funny how it doesn't count when it's in your Bible but it does in the Quran.

The argument wasn't initially the Bible v. the Quran it was American culture v. islamic culture. I've made many distinct arguments why additional muslims will not integrate but will instead attempt to impose their own customs and supersede ours. You've bastardized the argument, but hey, welcome to the non-sports board.

Start back here:

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280897&p=2982042&viewfull=1#post2982042

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
It's funny how it doesn't count when it's in your Bible but it does in the Quran.

No, really not hypocrisy......you know we are talking about Christians.......you quoted Old Testament to bolster your facts and I gave you the fact that I threw out the whole bible, ......and observed that, and edited my post to reflect that....But, that doesn't really pertain to Christians, to begin with.......so it's a moot point.....nice try.....but like I originally said, in my first post, I don't have time to go back and forth with a viewpoint that won't be changed......

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
I thought this was an interesting perspective of the US/Australian refugee exchange:

The National Interest

Put in perspective, with no anti-Trump spin, the dumb deal really does appear to be a dumb deal, and an immoral one to boot. It is essentially a prisoner-swap agreement that does nothing to address the underlying pressures that generated the refugee flows in the first place. It doesn’t even make sense under the narrow logic of Australia’s “stop the boats” policy, since resettlement in the United States is an even greater reward for the refugees than resettlement in Australia.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
That I agree with you. We should never have gone into Iraq or Afghanistan, but I've been very vocal in that regard.
I totally agree....I was for it back then, but was a lot younger to the ways of the world....I had a novice view that we could spread peace in the Middle East but dictatorship seems to be the only way to govern those people....no matter how hard the bleeding hearts want to change it.......Now I see, most of them, (not all), dream of killing my family, just because I'm an American....And the Libs, want to paint this happy immigrant story of equality, just like my vision of spreading it in their own land......if the majority of the people (so we've been told..that are oppressed) want what we have, why can't they have it in their own back yard....

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Re: Trump listens to Clinton & Obama on immigration

I knew the Old Testament would be brought up out of context.......but then again, the argument is about Christianity.....You know....the teachings of Christ......after God experimented with things and decided to go another route!.....

But I will concede the argument on throwing the Bible out there in its entirety........
Not sure why I'm wasting my time with this as it will all be explained away in some way or another.

But here ya go:

Matthew
3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
11:23 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
11:24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.
13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

13:48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
John
15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Romans
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
1:31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Hebrews

10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Thessalonians
1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
Titus
1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
1:11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
Corinthians
I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”
Nothing whatsoever in there that could possibly be construed as a call to violence. Even ignoring the Old Testament flat out saying to put the enemies to death. Nope, nothing in the Bible at all like the Quran.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The argument wasn't initially the Bible v. the Quran it was American culture v. islamic culture. I've made many distinct arguments why additional muslims will not integrate but will instead attempt to impose their own customs and supersede ours. You've bastardized the argument, but hey, welcome to the non-sports board.

Start back here:

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280897&p=2982042&viewfull=1#post2982042
So I've bastardized the argument by following your logic threads into further conversation?

Sounds about right. :rolleye2:

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Trump listens to Clinton & Obama on immigration

Not sure why I'm wasting my time with this as it will all be explained away in some way or another.

But here ya go:

Nothing whatsoever in there that could possibly be construed as a call to violence. Even ignoring the Old Testament flat out saying to put the enemies to death. Nope, nothing in the Bible at all like the Quran.
Where in the text of what you quoted, gave man the right to take another life? Unlike the teachings of Mohammed?

Parables do not instruct followers to enact on the literal act....

What some followers do in the name of is different from being directly told to do it......

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Where in the text of what you quoted, gave man the right to take another life? Unlike the teachings of Mohammed?

Parables do not instruct followers to enact on the literal act....
You wanted examples. Then you wanted examples only from the New Testament once proven wrong. Worthy of death proves you wrong yet again.

The Quran gives people the right in the reader's mind only. The same as the bible when it talks about people being worthy of death.

Or are you forgetting persecutions of Jews, Spanish Inquisition... ? The bible gave them the instruction and the right to kill those people in their minds.

Stop throwing stones in your glass house. Or at least stop pretending that one is that much worse than the other. Again just because Christianity has come further out of the Dark Ages does not mean the hands are clean.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I think I've changed my belief now.......at 12:20am...Thanks for enlightening me! We still have the Love for the Tide going for us!!!! RTR!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I think I've changed my belief now.......at 12:20am...Thanks for enlightening me! We still have the Love for the Tide going for us!!!! RTR!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not expecting you to change anything. In fact I specifically expect just the opposite of most people. Not everyone is as open and enlightened to different viewpoints as me. :) Except the Auburn viewpoint, screw that noise.

RTR! Have a good night.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
How many radical Muslims do you suggest we allow into the country? Wait, if they dont have documentation how do we know if they are good Muslims or radical Muslims. I just heard Nancy Pelosi refer to President Trump as President Bush. Is she not a bit radical?
Well since you have asked me to give a number, I would say zero. I think zero radical muslims should be allowed into the country.

Just what kind of documentation are you looking for? Do you think ISIS and Al'qaeda hand out membership cards? You could have used the same argument throughout history. Sicilian immigrants who want to come set up the mob. Central and south american immigrants who want to sell drugs.

Look I get it. They are scary because they believe in a different supreme being who says that your supreme being is wrong and you should be murdered for it. Depending upon how literal their interpretation of their holy book is, or rather how good they are at being muslims (assuming that the more literally you follow your holy book the better a follower you are) they would have some seriously messed up stuff that their god is telling them to do. However there were an awful lot of issues in christian history, that used that very same holy book to do some pretty heinous things. Inquisition, crusades, and many more. The point I am trying to make is that just like how many christians are willing to pick and choose how their belief is shaped by their holy book, there are many muslims who do the same. An example is Westboro. They are a bunch of crazy people, not nearly as violent as radical islam sects, but by and large relegated to a place of ridicule and non issue because the majority of people who believe in their same god are willing to say they are crazy. Until you get the same for the radical islamic sects you will never have the enlightening of muslim world.

That or you could just say that all muslims are evil, don't deserve to be here in the US and the middle east should be turned into a parking lot. Because we know how well starting wars has worked for the US in the past half century.

You really think calling one incompetent leader by another incompetent leaders name is radical? How about the president of the United States saying that someone who is doing their job, according to the process laid out in the constitution, will be responsible for any harm that comes as a result of islamic terror because they didn't rubber stamp Trump's royal decree? If you can't see that one of the above is far more radical than the other, then you and I will just have to agree to disagree because we are looking at the world through two entirely different lenses of reality.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.