Trump listens to Clinton & Obama on immigration - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Re: Trump listens to Clinton & Obama on immigration

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    The argument wasn't initially the Bible v. the Quran it was American culture v. islamic culture. I've made many distinct arguments why additional muslims will not integrate but will instead attempt to impose their own customs and supersede ours. You've bastardized the argument, but hey, welcome to the non-sports board.

Start back here:

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/show...=1#post2982042
    So I've bastardized the argument by following your logic threads into further conversation?

Sounds about right.

2. Advertisement

Trump listens to Clinton & Obama on immigration

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Not sure why I'm wasting my time with this as it will all be explained away in some way or another.

But here ya go:

Nothing whatsoever in there that could possibly be construed as a call to violence. Even ignoring the Old Testament flat out saying to put the enemies to death. Nope, nothing in the Bible at all like the Quran.
    Where in the text of what you quoted, gave man the right to take another life? Unlike the teachings of Mohammed?

Parables do not instruct followers to enact on the literal act....

What some followers do in the name of is different from being directly told to do it......
    Last edited by danb; February 9th, 2017 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danb View Post
    Where in the text of what you quoted, gave man the right to take another life? Unlike the teachings of Mohammed?

Parables do not instruct followers to enact on the literal act....
    You wanted examples. Then you wanted examples only from the New Testament once proven wrong. Worthy of death proves you wrong yet again.

The Quran gives people the right in the reader's mind only. The same as the bible when it talks about people being worthy of death.

Or are you forgetting persecutions of Jews, Spanish Inquisition... ? The bible gave them the instruction and the right to kill those people in their minds.

Stop throwing stones in your glass house. Or at least stop pretending that one is that much worse than the other. Again just because Christianity has come further out of the Dark Ages does not mean the hands are clean.

What some followers do in the name of is different from being directly told to do it......
    Literally the same thing goes for Islam. Don't want to be accused of ignoring your edit.

I think I've changed my belief now.......at 12:20am...Thanks for enlightening me! We still have the Love for the Tide going for us!!!! RTR!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I've changed my belief now.......at 12:20am...Thanks for enlightening me! We still have the Love for the Tide going for us!!!! RTR!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not expecting you to change anything. In fact I specifically expect just the opposite of most people. Not everyone is as open and enlightened to different viewpoints as me. Except the Auburn viewpoint, screw that noise.

RTR! Have a good night.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by bama2112 View Post
    How many radical Muslims do you suggest we allow into the country? Wait, if they dont have documentation how do we know if they are good Muslims or radical Muslims. I just heard Nancy Pelosi refer to President Trump as President Bush. Is she not a bit radical?
    Well since you have asked me to give a number, I would say zero. I think zero radical muslims should be allowed into the country.

Just what kind of documentation are you looking for? Do you think ISIS and Al'qaeda hand out membership cards? You could have used the same argument throughout history. Sicilian immigrants who want to come set up the mob. Central and south american immigrants who want to sell drugs.

Look I get it. They are scary because they believe in a different supreme being who says that your supreme being is wrong and you should be murdered for it. Depending upon how literal their interpretation of their holy book is, or rather how good they are at being muslims (assuming that the more literally you follow your holy book the better a follower you are) they would have some seriously messed up stuff that their god is telling them to do. However there were an awful lot of issues in christian history, that used that very same holy book to do some pretty heinous things. Inquisition, crusades, and many more. The point I am trying to make is that just like how many christians are willing to pick and choose how their belief is shaped by their holy book, there are many muslims who do the same. An example is Westboro. They are a bunch of crazy people, not nearly as violent as radical islam sects, but by and large relegated to a place of ridicule and non issue because the majority of people who believe in their same god are willing to say they are crazy. Until you get the same for the radical islamic sects you will never have the enlightening of muslim world.

That or you could just say that all muslims are evil, don't deserve to be here in the US and the middle east should be turned into a parking lot. Because we know how well starting wars has worked for the US in the past half century.

You really think calling one incompetent leader by another incompetent leaders name is radical? How about the president of the United States saying that someone who is doing their job, according to the process laid out in the constitution, will be responsible for any harm that comes as a result of islamic terror because they didn't rubber stamp Trump's royal decree? If you can't see that one of the above is far more radical than the other, then you and I will just have to agree to disagree because we are looking at the world through two entirely different lenses of reality.