JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
On paper, this is the best Alabama class ever
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
February 2nd, 2017 04:55 AM

Sometimes, a headline says it all without the need for additional commentary: On paper, Alabama signed the highest-rated class since TideFans.com/NARCAS started tracking classes 20 years ago. The 2012 and 2015 classes both recorded average scores of 9.86, setting a bar few people thought even Nick Saban […]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Love your analysis, Jess thanks. As a matter of fact, I no longer follow our recruiting efforts on Tidefans or any where else; I just wait for your summary the day after signing day.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Great article. I still can't understand why we can't recruit cornerbacks to the level that we need to.
well, we did sign 3 of the top 15 CBs in the 2016 class, so it could be that some of this years prospects don't want to have to compete through the guys ahead of them. It would have been nice to grab at least one more this year from the top tier of guys out there.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Looks to me like we got everything except a top CB.
Like a kid at Christmas... We got so much.
We got an abundance of talent. Here's hoping a couple of CB we already have turn into super stars.

Even w/o signing a top CB, we will somehow get thru next year.

I can't believe the level of talent that just signed with us.
ANOTHER BANNER YEAR.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Looks to me like we got everything except a top CB.
Like a kid at Christmas... We got so much.
We got an abundance of talent. Here's hoping a couple of CB we already have turn into super stars.

Even w/o signing a top CB, we will somehow get thru next year.

I can't believe the level of talent that just signed with us.
ANOTHER BANNER YEAR.
Yeah, I hope that Fitzpatrick kid can actually play like #5 CB he was rated out of high school.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
So no recruit this year seems to have any eligibility issues?
We're aware of one that has rumored to have issues, but I've also heard it's false and I'm not putting the name out there right now in the event it's wrong. Not one of the 10.0 guys, I'll say that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.