Former Bama player Benny Perrin has passed away

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Ugh. At one point, I lived in STL and remember Benny very well from his time @ Bama but also with the STL Football Cardinals. RIP

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This is so heartbreaking. I played baseball against Benny and he was a very good baseball player also but I remember him for being a good guy. RIP Benny.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I live 10 minutes from Perrins bbq. It has been such a staple of this community and the news has been a major shock here. Prayers certainly for his family.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Benny was few years older than me, but I knew him well enough to shake hands when I came back to town. I grew up in Decatur, and Benny was the best athlete around. Had not seen him in years. Very sad to hear this.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
I live 10 minutes from Perrins bbq. It has been such a staple of this community and the news has been a major shock here. Prayers certainly for his family.
Talked to Benny and his wife last week at Krogers I couldn't really say for sure he seemed a little different, he said him and wife just left working out he just watched her he wasn't working out. I haven't seen him at BBs last few time I have been there.I's been all over my FB as people all saying nice things about him. WOW sad :(

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Didn't know Benny personally but had ribs at his place many times and know people in the area who grew up with him. By all accounts he was a heckuva nice guy. So sad, prayers for his family.

JaxTider

Suspended
Jan 10, 2017
Great player RIP.

People die. They get old. They get sick. They slow down. I wonder, have there been any comprehensive studies on mortality and suicide rates among NFLers.

I know what sensationalism and litigation can do. And I'm just wondering, how real is this?

When I was growing up, the pesticide DDT was the great boogie man. Now they estimate that 60,000,000 died from the banning of it due to mosquito born diseases. Further, it was replaced by chemicals often much more toxic.

But At the time DDT was the worst thing in the world. The media was all in, and the lawyers shut it down.

Who knows. But we never heard of this until about 10 or so years ago. And now it seems to potentially threaten the game.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.