Link: Joey Freshwater strikes again... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
What's funny is seeing the girl delete the tweet about Kiffin and then say "NOBODY deserved this" or whatever it was she said. Well what did she expect when she acts like a street walker...

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Joey Freshwater and me, circa 2015. After Mississippi State game. [emoji56] Don't worry. Completely innocent.
My husband took the picture. LOL

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
His off the field behavior and subsequent firing most likely cost us a national title. That is why. Some will disagree- but his lack of focus starting around the Auburn game and his needed firing cost us dearly.
The change from LK to SS was not ideal but, we scored enough to win... The D just couldn't get off the darn field. Not sure if the 3 and outs were the result of LK's lack of focus and off field issues which led to SS relating him... Teams figured out keep Jalen in the pocket, take away the jet sweep/screen/short stuff and Jalen is average at best.

Please do not take the above as a shot at Jalen. I love Jalen and I expect great things out of him next year. JPW, G-Mac and AJ all made huge strides in year 2 as a starter. Once Jalen proves he can hit the 10-15 yard crossing route AND the deep ball teams won't be able to press up to stop the short stuff and put a safety in the box or they will get burnt deep. Not to mention Bo will run all over them with a 6 man front... I expect Bo and Jacobs to rush for 2K between them next year and Jalen to throw for 3000+ with at least 10 TD passes that go for more than 30 yards in the air.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The change from LK to SS was not ideal but, we scored enough to win... The D just couldn't get off the darn field. Not sure if the 3 and outs were the result of LK's lack of focus and off field issues which led to SS relating him... Teams figured out keep Jalen in the pocket, take away the jet sweep/screen/short stuff and Jalen is average at best.

Please do not take the above as a shot at Jalen. I love Jalen and I expect great things out of him next year. JPW, G-Mac and AJ all made huge strides in year 2 as a starter. Once Jalen proves he can hit the 10-15 yard crossing route AND the deep ball teams won't be able to press up to stop the short stuff and put a safety in the box or they will get burnt deep. Not to mention Bo will run all over them with a 6 man front... I expect Bo and Jacobs to rush for 2K between them next year and Jalen to throw for 3000+ with at least 10 TD passes that go for more than 30 yards in the air.
Again, the loss wasn't on the D. The subject of this thread played a major part though.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Unless I'm missing something, these are all consenting adults. As long as he's ready to pay child support for any fruits of these indiscretions, I really don't care.

Either way, the distractions are someone else's problem now.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Amazing how people were calling him a genius a year ago when we won the national title, but, now that he's left and we didn't, oh, he's suddenly a scumbag, even though this news about his night life has been out for quite awhile going back to last year at least.
The judgement, and double standard, is ridiculous. I'm not trying to argue, but my goodness...
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".
I'm sure nobody here has ever drank a drop, had extra-marital activities, missed a Sunday service, or gotten a divorce because they screwed up with their wife.
The man is not a coach at UA any more, but, like it or not, he did a phenomenal job as OC while he was here.
Let it go for goodness sakes, and let's move on.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Amazing how people were calling him a genius a year ago when we won the national title, but, now that he's left and we didn't, oh, he's suddenly a scumbag, even though this news about his night life has been out for quite awhile going back to last year at least.
The judgement, and double standard, is ridiculous. I'm not trying to argue, but my goodness...
I'm sure nobody here has ever drank a drop, had extra-marital activities, missed a Sunday service, or gotten a divorce because they screwed up with their wife.
The man is not a coach at UA any more, but, like it or not, he did a phenomenal job as OC while he was here.
For heavens sake, do you not get why people discuss this?

And to be honest, the more I hear, the more I wonder how much of his wonderful job was more about the players and not him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Here we go again... smh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
The guy is a single man and can do whatever he chooses. I haven't been perfect in my life but never let any outside forces affect my job. I'm surprised Coach dealt with it as long as he did. He can enjoy his life however he sees fit. But always remember you usually pay for things you do.... If he messes up at FAU....that might be his last chance. If He don't care, I surely don't care.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
It would be easy for me to join the "Bash Lane Now Group", but I'm not going to.
I know I'm in the minority.I don't care.
If this year's stories are even close to true, Kiffin went far beyond simply embarrassing himself and his employers to hurting the kids and a potentially historic team. Tried to pull for him, as a lot of people did. But in the end he did what people like Kiffin do and made that impossible.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
If this year's stories are even close to true, Kiffin went far beyond simply embarrassing himself and his employers to hurting the kids and a potentially historic team. Tried to pull for him, as a lot of people did. But in the end he did what people like Kiffin do and made that impossible.
Believe it or not I'd actually agree with that. Earle tried to tell me but I held on that, "Give him a chance" mentality. He blew it, and I apologize for any anger issues I created. STILL, strictly as an OC, he did a great job until the Washington game. But he stunk up that game and created a real problem by leaving when he did, even if he was fired, which he was.
I mis-judged this situation badly, but I still think people should give Kiffin credit for the overall job he did in developing Blake, Coker, and Jalen as Quarterbacks. That can't be denied.
To me, his calling would be as an NFL Quarterback coach. He could make a bunch of bucks, hang out all night, and still be successful.
sip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.