It's game time API comes to town

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
This is embarrassing... We could've kept Grant and saved a lot of money! Short of a NCAA tourney bid and a couple of wins in the tourney next year I'd say AJ's time at the Capstone will be done. We are not paying him this much money for mediocrity.

I know we have a great class coming in and expect a big improvement! I also think Avery can duplicate the class next year. Don't mean to sound negative...

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Collin Sexton is coming in next year, and he is the best three point shooting guard I have ever seen. He's probably a one and done(Narrowed it to KY and Bama), but he's beyond anything Bama has ever seen.
Not trying to be a negative Nellie but I will believe it when I see it. If they do not play D, it ain't going to matter how good they are on offense.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I have not been able to watch many games in the past 4-5 years as I would like but the majority of them have been just like tonight. Sad to see.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
doing the best we can with what we have. We dont have the talent. It's coming next year though.
What bothers me is effort and fundamentals do not take talent... It takes heart and desire. Besides the guys who graduate I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 or 3 told it's time to go....

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
This is embarrassing... We could've kept Grant and saved a lot of money! Short of a NCAA tourney bid and a couple of wins in the tourney next year I'd say AJ's time at the Capstone will be done. We are not paying him this much money for mediocrity.

I know we have a great class coming in and expect a big improvement! I also think Avery can duplicate the class next year. Don't mean to sound negative...
Grant would be 2-15

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
You're not going to beat many teams when you give up 15 3's and are down by 12 with 4 minutes to go. I'm proud of the team for fighting back, but you can't put yourself in that position.

And that missed pushoff was a huge momentum swing. It was a blatant extension of the arm to clear space. That has to be called. You can't blame the game on the refs, but that call hurt like a mother.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Two games in a row where our lack of perimeter defense cost us in a big way. This was one we absolutely could not afford to lose. I feel sick.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
With Davis and Key returning, Sexton and Petty and the two big guys coming in, we're going to be really good next year. I'm stating right now...Collin Sexton will be the "Player of the Year" in the S.E.C. next season. We have two guys coming in that narrowed it to Kentucky and Bama. Think about that. Avery Johnson has done a REMARKABLE job. I know everybody wants perfection immediately, but Avery is doing it right, just like Coach Saban did.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Give it time, my friend. The cupboard was very bare when Avery came in. He's been given nothing to work with that the previous administration didn't have, and yet he's put together one of the top recruiting classes in the country. Now we also have an AD coming in who knows what it takes to build an elite basketball program.

I have no doubt that the team can and will be turned around, but this year we're just not there. Not many people can pull a Saban and resurrect a dead program in their 2nd year. Anyone who expected that of CAJ needs to take a step back to earth. Expectations were just way too high for our reality this season. I saw way too many people talking about tournament in preseason, and now we see now that we just don't have the horses. We'll get there though.

Last edited:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Guys, you can play defense and win these games, and we have. For some reason these last two games have been horrible examples of how you guard the perimeter.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Tough loss guys...I was switching back and forth near the end. You closed things up pretty good there in the last few minutes. Lot of games left to play. Losing sucks but keep your chin up!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.