It's game time API comes to town

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
We went to a hockey game in Nashville last night so I missed being able to see the game, fortunately it appears. I was able to keep up with the score and it appeared we never got anything going in the 2nd half until it was too late. I did notice we were killing them on the boards (apparently rebounding our misses since they couldn't miss) but once again the missed FT's really hurt us. As frustrating as it is presently, I believe better days are coming but we need a big dose of patience, something Bama fans are always in short supply of.
I felt confident at the end of the 1st half as it seemed that the game was going Bama's way except for the 3-pointers by AU and there was no way they would hit like that all game long...

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Regardless in basketball you can't lose to the Barn at home.....I get there is a lot of work to get done to improve this Bama team, but losing to that clown of a program/coach is not going to sit well. I do not like losing in anything....and surely hate to see Bama teams lose to a barnyard.

I guess it shows how bad CAG left this program.
Hell yes you can lose to them at home - it stinks to say it and I think Pearl is about as clean as a tobacco lobbyist but - deep breath - they're a better team! It happens. Keep recruiting and practicing and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
This was in another thread . . . Painful to read: " . . Alabama has to channel its emotion into playing smart and not fast because it just doesn’t have the raw talent to match Auburn." Probably lots of truth in it. We simply don't have shooters and scorers to get it done at this point. Would Nick King have added enough scoring punch to make a difference? Never seen him in game action so don't know.

Coach AJ is in a tough spot. He has to deal with the near-impossible standard Saban set in turning the football program around. Basketball may have been even more broken than football was in 2006/7. There is also the reality that the quality of high school football in Alabama is higher than in basketball, making rebuilding from a local base tougher.

CAJ needs more time to build the team and culture his way.

Dang it. :wink:
The parity in college basketball today is unbelievable. Basketball is a game today where literally one player can change the trajectory of a team. Recruits know that and now move toward immediate playing time and coaching in that order. The talent pool to stock 300+ D1 teams just isn't there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Have we won a game all year this crew has done? Critical call when a defensive is foul is called offense I've and turns into a 4 point play on the other end. It changes the end of the game completely. It drives me crazy to let the smallest guy on the court beat us. 15 3's for any team is inexcusable. We likely blew any chance at the postseason.
First time having this exact crew all season. We are 0-3 with Doug Shows officiating, 1-1 with Tim Gattis (Coastal Carolina), and 0-1 with Chuck Jones.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Seeing all the post about officiating and I agree it could be better but they make bad calls for both teams all the time. What got us beat the other day is the same thing that has been getting us beat all year we simply are a below average basketball team. We can't shoot from anywhere on the floor including free throws which is absolutely inexcusable, We turn the ball over way to much and most of that is due to fundamental sloppiness, and sometimes it looks like we have no clue what a basketball is .They do play decent defense for the most part although they are lacking in perimeter shooting defense which got them burned Saturday and against Arkansas and they do hustle and rebound. Watching the game Saturday it was very easy to see who was the more talented team. The problem with that is there are a lot more teams out there with way more talent then the Barn because quiet frankly they aren't that good either, but they are a lot better than us hate to say it but that is a fact. Looking at our schedule the rest of the way we will be lucky to win three more games which will put us around 500, roughly where we have been for the last several years know. I know we have a good class on paper coming in next season but we can't expect to put freshmen on the court and win much either. It will be two/ three years before we start seeing much of a difference in wins and losses which is hard to sit here and bare but it is a fact.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Was at the game. First one I've made in several years...there was ZERO energy in Coleman! And the team played exactly like the fans watched...sitting on their hands (well, if one could actually do that in those awful seats).

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
You have seen the crowd at our game against UGA... pathetic. The whole conference has a long way to go build back toward what it was in 90s and early 2000s.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
You have seen the crowd at our game against UGA... pathetic. The whole conference has a long way to go build back toward what it was in 90s and early 2000s.

In fairness to the UGA crowd, that game tipped off at 9 pm local time.

Not sure what to say about Saturday's crowd - I was on a flight so I missed the game - but the crowd for the MSU game the week before was really great.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
When did they stop the Rolllllllllllll...TR...until first bucket was made? Maybe that'll tell you how long it's been since I've been able to make a game. :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.