Fukushima nuclear reactor radiation at highest level since 2011 meltdown
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fukushima nuclear reactor radiation at highest level since 2011 meltdown

Tokyo Electric Power (Tepco), said atmospheric readings as high as 530 sieverts an hour had been recorded inside the containment vessel of reactor No 2, one of three reactors that experienced a meltdown when the plant was crippled by a huge tsunami that struck the north-east coast of Japan in March 2011.

A single dose of one sievert is enough to cause radiation sickness and nausea; 5 sieverts would kill half those exposed to it within a month, and a single dose of 10 sieverts would prove fatal within weeks.
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-2011-meltdown
    Some people are immune to good advice.

2. Advertisement

Re: Fukushima nuclear reactor radiation at highest level since 2011 meltdown

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bama Reb's Avatar

So how would they get the melted material out of there, and what would they do with it? How would they insulate and store it?
    I'd rather die tomorrow as a free man than live a hundred years bound in the chains of tyranny.

For those who have stood on the wall and fought in defense of others, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Reb View Post
    So how would they get the melted material out of there, and what would they do with it? How would they insulate and store it?
    I wish there was an easy answer, but I don't know that there is - anything hot enough to melt concrete is going to be very difficult to retrieve and store.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

​Fly it out and dump it on the moon.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

A big arse YETI cooler?
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Where's Superman when you need him to throw into the sun along with all the nukes?

BamaNation First Team

Crap that is scary.

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    ​Fly it out and dump it on the moon.
    Yeah, that'll end well...

I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation All-American sabanball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    Yeah, that'll end well...

Brian Johnson was a great effects artist. Did some awesome work...

Johnson's work on Space: 1999 influenced the effects of the Star Wars films of the 1970s and 1980s. Impressed by his work, George Lucas visited Johnson during the production of the TV series to offer him the role of effects supervisor for the 1977 film. Having already been commissioned for the second series of Space: 1999, Johnson was unable to accept at the time. He did, however, work on the sequel: The Empire Strikes Back (1980), whose special effects were recognised in the form of a 1981 Special Achievement Academy Award (which Johnson shared with Richard Edlund, Dennis Muren and Bruce Nicholson).

BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

​Build a wall around it, get Mexico to pay for it.
    "I'm a loner. And a loner has got to be alone"
    Jesse

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Godzilla will be spotted any day now

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon