Budweiser Super Bowl immigration ad controversy

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Just for the record, I have no problem with the commercial, no problem with immigration, and no problem with Bud Heavy. :eek2:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
This ad is controversial, not the 84 Lumber ad that depicted the "Trump" wall in the full version and banned from airing? The edited version that aired directed folks to 84lumber.com to see the rest.

The Bud ad depicts an actual historical event and that is the one people are upset about, idiots. Not to mention the ad would have been in production well before the election last November. Shoot, they are probably working on next years SB ad right now.

I honestly don't have a problem with either ad because, well, they are just commercials and my life goes on... I don't care about some stink'n commercial in the grand scheme of things. People just have to have something new to cry about on social media every single day. It's not a good day unless they feel miserable about something.

I don't have a problem with immigration, the majority of Americans don't have a problem with immigration. Everyone should have a problem with illegal immigration.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Then they better also boycott Corona, Stella Artois, Becks, Landshark, Loenbrau, St Pauli Girl, Bass, Rolling Rock and about 200 other brands and sub brands since all are owned by AB InBev.
Personally I think some people are offended WAY too easily.
Them buying up craft breweries is going to be a trend in the future too. They bought Goose Island recently. Luckily the quality of the beer hasn't suffered. SABMiller bought Terrapin and luckily their lineup didn't suffer either. Of course, AB InBev owns Miller now, and therefore Terrapin, too.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Them buying up craft breweries is going to be a trend in the future too. They bought Goose Island recently. Luckily the quality of the beer hasn't suffered. SABMiller bought Terrapin and luckily their lineup didn't suffer either. Of course, AB InBev owns Miller now, and therefore Terrapin, too.
So far they've left the craft brewers alone - I talked to one of the guys at Goose Island when I was on one of our Beer Treks and he was quite pleased at how hands off the new owners were. He said there were virtually zero changes at any level at GI.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
I don't drink Bud but find some of InBevs imports drinkable. I don't appreciate their ad as it is a complete crock. Anheuser and Busch were from very very well to do families (filthy rich). They and their fortunes were welcomed into the US with open arms and a hope for their cash. The ad portrays them as poor men, unwelcome, and discriminated against by all. They are NOT the great American success story but are among the imported one percenters that so many claim to despise. The ad is fake news , much like Teo's girlfriend, or I say the excrement from a large male bovine. I much prefer the patriotic Clydesdale commercials from Bud.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
So far they've left the craft brewers alone - I talked to one of the guys at Goose Island when I was on one of our Beer Treks and he was quite pleased at how hands off the new owners were. He said there were virtually zero changes at any level at GI.
Yeah it just worries me when the ownership changes. So far they've left them alone, but that could change on a dime.

That, and it gives these large multinationals a chance to manipulate the market.

Don't particularly like it, but I understand it. It happens all the time, across the spectrum. Young, hungry idealists turn into old, wealthy realists. Young Aerosmith turns into Old Aerosmith. Dazed and Confused Matthew McConaughey turns into Lincoln commercial Matthew McConaughey.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yeah it just worries me when the ownership changes. So far they've left them alone, but that could change on a dime.

That, and it gives these large multinationals a chance to manipulate the market.

Don't particularly like it, but I understand it. It happens all the time, across the spectrum. Young, hungry idealists turn into old, wealthy realists. Young Aerosmith turns into Old Aerosmith. Dazed and Confused Matthew McConaughey turns into Lincoln commercial Matthew McConaughey.
Not all - Sam isn't alone in his stance against the mass-brewers, but money does indeed talk...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Then they better also boycott Corona, Stella Artois, Becks, Landshark, Loenbrau, St Pauli Girl, Bass, Rolling Rock and about 200 other brands and sub brands since all are owned by AB InBev.
Personally I think some people are offended WAY too easily.
I agree. My only problem with Budweiser is how it tastes. If I'm going to drink, I want to make those calories count and drink a beer worth drinking.
Seriously. I did not find the ad to be a commentary on the current climate, just a commentary on nineteenth century America and a German who went through difficulties to start a business.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
The scary thing is, the craft breweries represent a ridiculously small percentage of domestic sales.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.