Budweiser Super Bowl immigration ad controversy - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Budweiser Super Bowl immigration ad controversy

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Just remember - every one of you - Budwesier doesn't give a damn about your political views at all.
    Especially when you consider Budweiser is not an American-owned company.
    Some people are immune to good advice.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    Then they better also boycott Corona, Stella Artois, Becks, Landshark, Loenbrau, St Pauli Girl, Bass, Rolling Rock and about 200 other brands and sub brands since all are owned by AB InBev.
    Personally I think some people are offended WAY too easily.
    Them buying up craft breweries is going to be a trend in the future too. They bought Goose Island recently. Luckily the quality of the beer hasn't suffered. SABMiller bought Terrapin and luckily their lineup didn't suffer either. Of course, AB InBev owns Miller now, and therefore Terrapin, too.
    Last edited by AUDub; February 6th, 2017 at 03:23 PM.
    Just a barner.

I think there should be a candlelight vigil in the grove tonight

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Them buying up craft breweries is going to be a trend in the future too. They bought Goose Island recently. Luckily the quality of the beer hasn't suffered. SABMiller bought Terrapin and luckily their lineup didn't suffer either. Of course, AB InBev owns Miller now, and therefore Terrapin, too.
    So far they've left the craft brewers alone - I talked to one of the guys at Goose Island when I was on one of our Beer Treks and he was quite pleased at how hands off the new owners were. He said there were virtually zero changes at any level at GI.

BamaNation Second Team

I don't drink Bud but find some of InBevs imports drinkable. I don't appreciate their ad as it is a complete crock. Anheuser and Busch were from very very well to do families (filthy rich). They and their fortunes were welcomed into the US with open arms and a hope for their cash. The ad portrays them as poor men, unwelcome, and discriminated against by all. They are NOT the great American success story but are among the imported one percenters that so many claim to despise. The ad is fake news , much like Teo's girlfriend, or I say the excrement from a large male bovine. I much prefer the patriotic Clydesdale commercials from Bud.

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    People threatening to boycott Budweiser over the ad.
    I boycott Budweiser because it's not worth drinking.
    For people that throw around the word snowflake and safe place some of them sure do like to get offended and try to boycott stuff. Hamilton, Star Wars, Budweiser, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    So far they've left the craft brewers alone - I talked to one of the guys at Goose Island when I was on one of our Beer Treks and he was quite pleased at how hands off the new owners were. He said there were virtually zero changes at any level at GI.
    Yeah it just worries me when the ownership changes. So far they've left them alone, but that could change on a dime.

That, and it gives these large multinationals a chance to manipulate the market.

Don't particularly like it, but I understand it. It happens all the time, across the spectrum. Young, hungry idealists turn into old, wealthy realists. Young Aerosmith turns into Old Aerosmith. Dazed and Confused Matthew McConaughey turns into Lincoln commercial Matthew McConaughey.
    Last edited by AUDub; February 6th, 2017 at 04:01 PM.
    Just a barner.

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    For people that throw around the word snowflake and safe place some of them sure do like to get offended and try to boycott stuff. Hamilton, Star Wars, Budweiser, etc.
    Don't forget the awesomeness that was Fury Road.
    Just a barner.

BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar

Don't forget the awesomeness that was Fury Road.
    Also Saturday Night Live, Starbucks, and I'm probably missing some more.

Yeah it just worries me when the ownership changes. So far they've left them alone, but that could change on a dime.

That, and it gives these large multinationals a chance to manipulate the market.

Don't particularly like it, but I understand it. It happens all the time, across the spectrum. Young, hungry idealists turn into old, wealthy realists. Young Aerosmith turns into Old Aerosmith. Dazed and Confused Matthew McConaughey turns into Lincoln commercial Matthew McConaughey.
    Not all - Sam isn't alone in his stance against the mass-brewers, but money does indeed talk...

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    Then they better also boycott Corona, Stella Artois, Becks, Landshark, Loenbrau, St Pauli Girl, Bass, Rolling Rock and about 200 other brands and sub brands since all are owned by AB InBev.
    Personally I think some people are offended WAY too easily.
    I agree. My only problem with Budweiser is how it tastes. If I'm going to drink, I want to make those calories count and drink a beer worth drinking.
    Seriously. I did not find the ad to be a commentary on the current climate, just a commentary on nineteenth century America and a German who went through difficulties to start a business.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    ---snip--- and a German who went through difficulties to start a business.
    That's it....it provides inspiration to all (even more for immigrants) on what can be accomplished with hard work and determination, despite detractors.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    That's it....it provides inspiration to all (even more for immigrants) on what can be accomplished with hard work and determination, despite detractors.
    Yup. I still don't like their beer.