Report: Sark to be Named Falcons OC

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
I don't see this as a "sky is falling" moment. Signing day has passed. Spring practice has yet to begin. There will be plenty of good coaches who will salivate at the chance for this opportunity. There are very solid coaches on the current staff if Coach Saban wants to keep it internal. If Sark didn't want to be here and was going to have a wondering eye for another job from almost Day 1, it is best to part with him now.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
If the guy's heart is not in Tuscaloosa and coaching the Tide, best to move on I guess.

This will definitely be a test of Coach Saban's experience and influence. Hard time to be looking for a quality OC.

Going to be an interesting spring.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I don't see this as a "sky is falling" moment. Signing day has passed. Spring practice has yet to begin. There will be plenty of good coaches who will salivate at the chance for this opportunity. There are very solid coaches on the current staff if Coach Saban wants to keep it internal. If Sark didn't want to be here and was going to have a wondering eye for another job from almost Day 1, it is best to part with him now.
Agree with you 100%. Those that think we will have problems finding an OC are wrong and I assure you we won't need a search firm to help out.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
In my eyes this was for the best. No doubt about that Sark's an excellent OC, but CNS already helped a struggling Lane, and was going to help Sark. And IMO, if He can jump ship this easily (I know, I know, it's an "NFL" job) then we're better off without him. I trust Coach Saban, and I know he will find the best OC available for our guys. "Taint worried"...I could go on and on about why this could be for the best but I won't.

N AL Tider

1st Team
Jun 18, 2007
Sweet Home AL
I think this has been in the works...Saban knows all and has a plan....Shanahan has been rumored for the 49ers job all of Jan. The Falcons aren't going to sit back and wait..I am sure they had feelers out for if/when he left.

Locksley gets "co-" title added on the 10 days or so after the NCG. The Dameyune Craig rumors start flying when he gets fired...so all of this could come fruition...JMO

Last edited:

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
An NFL job with arguably the most talented offensive roster in the league. He'd be dumb to turn it down.
I wouldn't go as far to say he would be dumb for turning it down, but I'm not at all surprised or feel slighted because he took the job. We will fill this void with someone Coach Saban is confident in, that I'm not concerned with. As evidence of Sarkisian leaving, there will be talented coaches lining up for a lucrative position even at this time of year.

Sensation77

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
My only concern is Jalen's development as a passer. I was confident in Sark's ability to help him improve in that area. I do not know Locksley's history of dealing with QB's, but I'm sure Coach Saban will handle it. I've learned never to doubt him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think this has been in the works...Shanahan has been rumored for the 49ers job all of Jan. The Falcons aren't going to sit back and wait..I am sure they had feelers out for if/when he left.

Locksley gets "co-" title added on the 10 days or so after the NCG. The Dameyune Craig rumors start flying when he gets fired...so all of this could come fruition...JMO
Apparently, the reporter who broke the story was on JOX a few minutes ago and said this came out of nowhere.

I was in the same camp as you as figuring this was in the works for awhile since Shanahan was expected to be the 49ers coach for weeks now.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Am I the only one that sees this as a strange hire for the Falcons? Sark has only one year in the NFL (as a player or coach) and that was 2004 as QB coach for the Raiders. Kerry Collins was never that good but he didn't exactly tear it up that year either. Alabama was taking a risk on an alcoholic, but the Falcons are taking a bigger risk. This is an alcoholic whose only called game in years was a loss, and someone who has virtually no NFL experience. While I can see why he'd take the job, it seems like quite a reach for the Falcons.

Alabama, this is one reason why they have the co tag at the position. They're now set to make more hires on the staff, but Saban does a lot to preserve continuity. This situation really doesn't upset me that much simply because if this is who Sark is, then I'm not so sure Alabama needed him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.