Report: Sark to be Named Falcons OC

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
St. Nick doesn't play. So basically in discussing philosophies St. Nick picked up on some things in Sark's system that he wasn't going to let go of that existed in Kiffin's system that he didn't like. So he cuts bait. I'm good with that. Let's move on. Smart move in my opinion.
I don't think they were philosophical differences...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You would think any philosophical disagreements would have been hashed out/ uncovered in the initial vetting/interviewing process when he hired on here. IF true, I'm a little surprised at this development. Then again, better to part ways now than later if this is the case.
They may not have become obvious until he actually called a game for Saban and got critiqued.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Is Locksley even all that good?

His records at NM and Maryland are not terribly impressive.
When thinking about Lock, look at his time at Illinois when he had the closest level of talent to what he would have at Alabama.

Would we pay a top shelf OC a 7 figure salary? I know we can afford to, but would we?
No doubt. We paid Kirby over a million and are paying Pruitt over a million.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I don't think they were philosophical differences...
It should be mentioned that at least one insider here thought Sark was not going to be Kiffin's replacement, when Kiffin still was the OC. This was based on Sark's behavior.

Either would be a homerun for the offense that we have, and we won't have to hear Run the Ball much. I like Helfrich more because I think Kelly's ego could get in the way.
To me that's the biggest question about Kelly, would he even accept the position? I still think he's the best person for the job though, because he's the best at it (if Alabama does indeed want to run that style offense). But, that ego stuff, that's above my pay grade, those guys would have to figure that out, heh.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Finebaum hinted yesterday morning on the OD that there would be news this week and said he had heard "rumors". I guess he's right.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It should be mentioned that at least one insider here thought Sark was not going to be Kiffin's replacement, when Kiffin still was the OC. This was based on Sark's behavior.
Bingo.

Assuming the SBN article is accurate, the reason to keep Sark until after NSD would be his relationships with Tua and Najee from his time at USC. He recruited both while there, and Tua voiced his pleasure with Sark getting the job.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
@BruceFeldmanCFB Names I'm told could get consideration for #Alabama OC: Mark Helfrich, Chip Kelly & George Godsey who is tight with OL coach Brent Key.
Kelly would be a grand slam homerun if we could pull it off.

I'm not sure about Helfrich....Kelly was still the one really calling plays when Helfrich was the Ducks 'OC'. Though Helfrich does have a good reputation at developing QB's.

George Godsey has only been an OC for two seasons and Houston was 25th in points and 30th in yards in 2015 and then 29th in both points and yards this past year.....so??

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I don't know what's going on/what the truth really is for the reason, but this is a shock. At least it was after signing day, although I bet some of our new recruits are wondering what's happening. I hope we get a great replacement who will stay at least 3-4 years. I know Saban has a plan, as always. It seems we have had more coaches leave this year than in year's past. I know the players, esp Tua and Jalen, were looking forward to working with Sark.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
If so, you are going backward. Seriously, way backward.
Sadly I agree. We have to go get a bigtime hire or we lose 2-3 games next year. We lost a lot on defense and the offense I thought would need to carry us next year. Not being sure if Jalen will get better and now losing a seamless transition at OC is a really bad blow and throws a huge ratchet into things.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.