Report: Sark to be Named Falcons OC

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
What about Lincoln Riley as a potential candidate?
No! He was eliminated from the Houston job due to MAJOR character issues. After LK and SS I don't see Saban going down that path.

How about:

Locksley TE
Burns RB
Key OL
Kelly OC/QB
Helfrich WR

Kelly and Helfrich are under massive payouts from being fired. Therefore, Kinda like LK, can pay them $500K and they collect their millions from SF and Ore.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Falcons held a presser earlier. Dan Quinn said he reached out to Saban last night regarding Sarkisian's availability before even reaching out to Sark himself. Seems like Sark wanted to be out of here if it happened that fast.

Another name I've seen mentioned as a possibility - Mike Bloomgren from Stanford. He was a GA at Bama from 1999-2002. Main problem would be him not having a background working with QBs.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Falcons held a presser earlier. Dan Quinn said he reached out to Saban last night regarding Sarkisian's availability before even reaching out to Sark himself. Seems like Sark wanted to be out of here if it happened that fast.

Another name I've seen mentioned as a possibility - Mike Bloomgren from Stanford. He was a GA at Bama from 1999-2002. Main problem would be him not having a background working with QBs.
Heck NO!!! We don't need anyone who learned ANYTHING from Dumbose or Hold the role boy!

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
No! He was eliminated from the Houston job due to MAJOR character issues. After LK and SS I don't see Saban going down that path.

How about:

Locksley TE
Burns RB
Key OL
Kelly OC/QB
Helfrich WR

Kelly and Helfrich are under massive payouts from being fired. Therefore, Kinda like LK, can pay them $500K and they collect their millions from SF and Ore.
I'm with those that believe Chip Kelly is holding out for the NFL, even if it means taking a year off from coaching altogether since he's guaranteed his 49er contract for the next 2-3 years. Even if he would consider it, his ego and Saban's ego on the same sideline, I think, would be disastrous.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The really weird thing is yesterday when I was discussed who the next OC for the Falcons would be with some co-workers. I actually thought and said the Falcons might go after Sark, but we laughed it off.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
If this story is accurate, Saban already has someone lined up.
Agreed. If SBN is accurate in saying that both Sark and Saban have known about this since the NCG, there's no way he didn't have Sexton on it 3-4 weeks ago.

I have no idea who the new guy will be. But I bet the house payment that he will be a proven developer of quarterbacks.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
Sometimes your OC gets hired by the team that just played in the Super Bowl. Sometimes your OC gets hired by (ahem) UConn.

It is what it is.

NEXT!

Last edited:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
THANK GOD! I do believe I can be quoted as saying I hope he never coaches another offensive snap here. He fell flat on his face and the booger eating thing was pretty gross too. Let's go get chip kelly

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
And upgrade for him and it wasn't done until after NSD. Seems like a decent deal for us.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

This would seem to contradict the original story that this has been in the works for a while. Is there any chance this really wasn't about a getting rid of Sark due to differences with CNS, and more to do with a good opportunity for CSS?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
THANK GOD! I do believe I can be quoted as saying I hope he never coaches another offensive snap here. He fell flat on his face and the booger eating thing was pretty gross too. Let's go get chip kelly
I forgot about the booger eatin' and now I need to vomit! "Skuse me while I head to the toilet! LOL!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.