Report: Sark to be Named Falcons OC

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The ESPN article says that Quinn didn't call Saban to ask about Sark's availability until last night. So Saban might not have been actively looking for a replacement until then.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Agreed. If SBN is accurate in saying that both Sark and Saban have known about this since the NCG, there's no way he didn't have Sexton on it 3-4 weeks ago.

I have no idea who the new guy will be. But I bet the house payment that he will be a proven developer of quarterbacks.
With as many young QB's as we have on the roster. I have no doubt this will be a REQUIREMENT for CNS. It would be a said state of affairs to get a guy in here who wasn't very good with QB's and watch the talent we have at the position never develop. Especially with the talent we already have on the team and the talent we just signed with this current class.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
IMO, this is not a bad thing. Sark is a problem waiting to happen. Please, no Craig or Martin. Just hire someone who can give special attention to Jalen.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
After processing everything the last few hours, I've come to conclusion that we will be fine. I'm not sure Locklsey is the answer for the offense, but I'm hoping that he learned enough to make immediately contribution. I'm curious to see if Napier comes back home now that Sark is gone.

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
I have zero info, but I'd LOVE to see Lincoln Riley in Bama gear...
I would love that hire as well, but think it would be a tough and expensive pull. He's making 900k right now so I think it would take 1 million + to get him to make a "lateral" move. I think Kirby's top pay was 1.5 million. Of course college football salaries is an ever changing thing so it's not out of the realm of possibilities. It would be nice to stick it Stoops!

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
I would love that hire as well, but think it would be a tough and expensive pull. He's making 900k right now so I think it would take 1 million + to get him to make a "lateral" move. I think Kirby's top pay was 1.5 million. Of course college football salaries is an ever changing thing so it's not out of the realm of possibilities. It would be nice to stick it Stoops!
If that is how CNS wants, I don't see $ being an issue.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
CLK and Venables at Clemson both made 1.4 million. Noel Mazzone made 1 mil, then Riley made 900k. One I didn't list was Cam Cameron was making 1.2 Mil at LSU...LOL. But those are the Top 5 paid OC's last year.

I'd offer Riley 1.5 Mil if not more. Whatever it took to get him and keep him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.