Report: Sark to be Named Falcons OC

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I would love that hire as well, but think it would be a tough and expensive pull. He's making 900k right now so I think it would take 1 million + to get him to make a "lateral" move. I think Kirby's top pay was 1.5 million. Of course college football salaries is an ever changing thing so it's not out of the realm of possibilities. It would be nice to stick it Stoops!
I agree on paper it would be a "lateral move" but in reality it would be a step up for him to be OC for Alabama under Saban. Not saying Stoops couldn't open doors, but I think working and succeeding under Saban could open more doors to his career than staying at OU.

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
Somebody that will last more than a few years. I would imagine Coach doesn't want the last 1/3 of his tenure at Alabama looking for assistant coaches at the rate he's been at it. No more projects and stepping stone positions.

Oh yeah, you gotta have thick skin!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Somebody that will last more than a few years. I would imagine Coach doesn't want the last 1/3 of his tenure at Alabama looking for assistant coaches at the rate he's been at it. No more projects and stepping stone positions.

Oh yeah, you gotta have thick skin!
This is true as well. Because there WILL be 'chewings' from time to time.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
Just my opinion here, but one thing I'm not seeing in this thread is the fact that this is pro football's 2nd best team that reached out and wanted our OC. It seems that many people are totally convinced that this happened because CNS wanted him to move on... and that could (in part or in whole) be true. In the past, when Saban tired of coaches and the time came for departure, it was an obvious lateral move (think certain OC's to other college teams) - and this is not what we're seeing here. Whether we'd like to admit it or not, being a successful OC for Atlanta is a better position for CSS than being a successful OC for Alabama (he's "been there and done that" at USC in the past)... especially if he aspires to one day coach an NFL team. JMO

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
I agree on paper it would be a "lateral move" but in reality it would be a step up for him to be OC for Alabama under Saban. Not saying Stoops couldn't open doors, but I think working and succeeding under Saban could open more doors to his career than staying at OU.
In part I agree and in part I disagree. If he aspires to coach in the SEC or possibly the Big 10, the statement is correct. If he aspires to coach in the Big 12 or the Pac 12, I don't think he helps himself at all by changing jobs.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Danny Kanell has the real reason Sark left. Everyone can stop guessing. Danny has ended the wondering.

“I don’t think any coach wants to coach for Nick Saban,” Kanell said during his daily radio show “Kanell & Russillo” on Tuesday. “I don’t think any coach wants to go there and is like ‘Hey! I want to be a lifetime assistant for Nick Saban.’ They do it as a stepping stone to get there. And I think — absolutely– if you have these two opportunities there, you’d much rather be an offensive coordinator with the Atlanta Falcons than with the Alabama Crimson Tide. Without question.

“I think it is a ton of work. I think you’re going to have to sludge through it. You’re going to have to be there as soon as the lights come on, you’re going to have to leave when it’s late at night. It’s part of being a Nick Saban assistant. You have to put in hours that are insane hours and have to go through things that you wouldn’t have to at other jobs.”

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/espns-danny-kanell-sarkisian-departure-dont-think-coach-wants-coach-nick-saban

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I can't believe I'm about to type this: I'd take Tee Martin in a heartbeat.
He was the Tennessee quarterback who was accused of getting paid . He is from Mobile and if my memory serves me correct there is a audio tape of the woman who sent him checks. ESPN took the article down they had posted about this incident. Also Roy Cramer was the SEC Commish and Fat Phil was at UcheaT was the head coach and we were in the middle of the NCAA investigations.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Get the guy from Arkansas. He knows how to blend run and pass and take advantage of QB skill set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
He was the Tennessee quarterback who was accused of getting paid . He is from Mobile and if my memory serves me correct there is a audio tape of the woman who sent him checks. ESPN took the article down they had posted about this incident. Also Roy Cramer was the SEC Commish and Fat Phil was at UcheaT was the head coach and we were in the middle of the NCAA investigations.
It was proven that he did get paid. It was $10,000.00. The ncaa said that the woman who paid him was not a booster therefore it was ok. No penalty of any kind. ncaa wanted Bama not UcheaT.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.