Link: NOLA High School Coaches Considering Boycot Against LSU

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Is LSU close to losing one of its most fertile recruiting grounds within the state?

That might ultimately be what occurs on Thursday evening when several of the New Orleans Metro area high school football coaches gather to discuss a potential boycott of the LSU Tigers football program.

Several of the area’s black head football coaches are meeting to discuss how coach Ed Orgeron handled the demotion of running backs coach and New Orleans area recruiter Jabbar Juluke in the aftermath of National Signing Day.

Juluke, who was responsible for landing 3-star wide receiver Racey McMath and securing the commitments of 4-star quarterback Lowell Narcisse, 3-star tailback Clyde Edwards-Helaire and 3-star athlete Jontre Kirklin, was reassigned within the football program on Feb. 2, the day after signing day.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If these coaches have this right, I don't blame them. But how do they know what discussions were had behind closed doors before NSD?

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
I think given the articles lean towards this being a racial thing, he was just pointing out that replacing a black coach with a black coach would debunk that theory:

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
I'd tell'em to pound sand. If they wanna cut the cord for some of their kids education, they'd be cutting their nose off to spite their face. But, more power to em...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think given the articles lean towards this being a racial thing, he was just pointing out that replacing a black coach with a black coach would debunk that theory:
No, it says that they are angry because they feel that he was lied to and used to sign this class of recruits before letting him go, suggesting that he knew nothing about losing his job before it happened.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
No, it says that they are angry because they feel that he was lied to and used to sign this class of recruits before letting him go, suggesting that he knew nothing about losing his job before it happened.
The way the article starts, noting several black coaches are meeting, it gives the impression of a racial dimension to the issue. However that is never really stated explicitly and it may just be the article is misleading on that.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
And businesses do it every day...have some young gun complete a project and tell him his services are no longer needed the next day. These coaches are supposed to be educators. Not pimps/agents.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The way the article starts, noting several black coaches are meeting, it gives the impression of a racial dimension to the issue. However that is never really stated explicitly and it may just be the article is misleading on that.
That confused me as well. It said it was a group of black coaches but nobody in the group seemed to be playing the race card.

But cutting two coaches right after signing day is just strange, even for Coach O.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
High school coaches shouldn't have any say as to which recruiters visit their school as long as they are not harassing the athletes or lying to them. Some high school coaches want to decide themselves where their players go to college.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
High school coaches shouldn't have any say as to which recruiters visit their school as long as they are not harassing the athletes or lying to them. Some high school coaches want to decide themselves where their players go to college.
Yeah, I've always thought the same thing. I'm not sure if the ban is still in place. But Parkway High school's (Bossier City, LA) head coach a few years ago had a ban on any and all Alabama coaches coming to see his players. This is the high school Brandon Harris (LSU) attended. David Feaster (their HC) got on our local sports talk radio station and announced that Alabama coaches (including Nick Saban) were not allowed on campus to see any of his players.

But what if the kid had interest in Alabama? It's not the coach's decision. He doesn't run the school.

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Yeah, I've always thought the same thing. I'm not sure if the ban is still in place. But Parkway High school's (Bossier City, LA) head coach a few years ago had a ban on any and all Alabama coaches coming to see his players. This is the high school Brandon Harris (LSU) attended. David Feaster (their HC) got on our local sports talk radio station and announced that Alabama coaches (including Nick Saban) was not allowed on campus to see any of his players.

But what if the kid had interest in Alabama? It's not the coach's decision. He doesn't run the school.
I assume in this case, a coach could still individually contact a recruit, right?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.