Bama @ South Carolina (5:30 tip)

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Donta either got shoved on the last defensive possession or he completely forgot which side of the backboard to rebound from. Three chances with the last shot at the end of this game and NOT ONE shot at the rim. That's not a lack of talent, that's just pitiful.
Lack of court awareness. You could see CAJ telling them to take the ball to the rim. That's not the shot he wanted any of them to take.

Some of you guys that are on CAJ back must have completely forgotten what we looked like the last few years under CMG and all but 2 seasons under CAG. If you know anything about bball you can't see that we are playing better in every aspect of the game except maybe turning the ball over which I admit is bad. CAJ can't go out and play for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Lack of court awareness. You could see CAJ telling them to take the ball to the rim. That's not the shot he wanted any of them to take.

Some of you guys that are on CAJ back must have completely forgotten what we looked like the last few years under CMG and all but 2 seasons under CAG. If you know anything about bball you can't see that we are playing better in every aspect of the game except maybe turning the ball over which I admit is bad. CAJ can't go out and play for him.

Pelphrey was screaming it too from the bench

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Yeah! These same guys quit this time last week in Fayetteville, but there was zero quit tonight. It was hard not to write the game off in the 2nd OT, but they kept going when a lot of teams would've folded. We've got a good shot at Kentucky at home Saturday as it is probably more winnable than tonight was going to be. Weather this part of the schedule and we're at least giving ourselves a shot to be a high NIT bid team or better. No one could've said that for sure pre-conference.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
What a wonderful win! I knew it was over when they made the 3 pointer in the second OT. Then, we go on the run to tie it up.

Would have never guessed we could have done that with Braxton and Dazon out.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012

I'm a big CAJ fan and hope everyone gives him tons of room, but that doesn't mean we can't point out the obvious. AJ Jr., Davis and Collins all had chances to drive for a last shot/put back and no one tried it. Moot point now though, WE WON!

We would probably have had similar results under Grant that we're having right the last two years. We played more competitive ball than Grant will ever be remembered for, but we just couldn't finish a close game to save our lives. However, everyone is banking on Avery's ceiling being higher. Case in point, next year's class we could've never previously gotten.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
So proud of this team. Lotta fight in this group tonight. Roll Tide! Get some well deserved rest. They're going to be sore.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Congrats to the Tide. Gutsy win. WE are in 4th place in the conference. What was the pre-season prediction? 10th?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
First great win. The guys just gutted this one out. And with all due respect, we'd have never gotten to OT with Grant. Grant left the cupboard full of Midicore talent. We are light years ahead of where we were with Grant.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I'm a big CAJ fan and hope everyone gives him tons of room, but that doesn't mean we can't point out the obvious. AJ Jr., Davis and Collins all had chances to drive for a last shot/put back and no one tried it. Moot point now though, WE WON!

We would probably have had similar results under Grant that we're having right the last two years. We played more competitive ball than Grant will ever be remembered for, but we just couldn't finish a close game to save our lives. However, everyone is banking on Avery's ceiling being higher. Case in point, next year's class we could've never previously gotten.
You're right MOOT point now that we won. I don't think that we would be anywhere near our conference record with CAG. Not with the wins that we have had on the road. We would be 0 for on the road IMO under CAG. I also don't think that he would have worked this hard to get the grad transfers that we have now.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.