Syrian refugee charged with multiple assaults involving underaged girls in Canada

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
One idea I've thought of (which I don't think would ever be implemented here) would be a citizen sponsor. If you believe we should take in refugees from violent cultures, then you can sponsor one. This would allow them entry, but if they commit a crime, the sponsor will be charged and punished as an accomplice.
Let's test that out with parents first. If your kid goes and does something stupid whether you had any control over it or not you get to go to jail too. Seems fair.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Many of them are killed in the commission of their terror actions. I know the Chattanooga shooter was. I'm not sure how you punish someone who is dead.

One idea I've thought of (which I don't think would ever be implemented here) would be a citizen sponsor. If you believe we should take in refugees from violent cultures, then you can sponsor one. This would allow them entry, but if they commit a crime, the sponsor will be charged and punished as an accomplice.
I think one kind soul already tried that. His mutilated body was found in his home, and the "refugee" he sponsored is long gone. So much for that grand experiment!

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I think it would be great if all the fighting age men were sent back to their country. They should be fighting for their rights not turning tail and running. It worked pretty well for the United States.
That would require that group of muslim men to take a stand (or even speak out against) radical islam. I think we have had that conversation on here about how little that has happened.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
That would require that group of muslim men to take a stand (or even speak out against) radical islam. I think we have had that conversation on here about how little that has happened.
I wouldn't bet on that happening anytime soon. It would almost take that same group of Muslim men watching their entire families being slaughtered as a retaliation for their own actions for them to see the light.

It's what I alluded to earlier. You can never win a war by showing weakness. That only emboldens them. You can only win by making it so mentally and psychologically unbearable for the enemy that they throw down their arms and surrender.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki come to mind here.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I wouldn't either considering it's been happening for years. The Kurdish Muslims have been fighting & dying on the frontline against ISIS for years.[/QUOT

As far as the Kurds fighting, it is interesting to note how many women fight on the front lines. When you go farther north, notice the number of Assyrian Christians fighting on the front lines and how many women and even teen aged people fighting.

And yet, if you talk refugee numbers to the US, it is surprisingly low for those two groups compared to other middle eastern sects.

I think the number of Assyrian Christian refugees admitted to the US in 2016 was something like less than 1% of the total number of Syrian refugees admitted. And, that is the discussion I believe we should have.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
As far as the Kurds fighting, it is interesting to note how many women fight on the front lines. When you go farther north, notice the number of Assyrian Christians fighting on the front lines and how many women and even teen aged people fighting.

And yet, if you talk refugee numbers to the US, it is surprisingly low for those two groups compared to other middle eastern sects.

I think the number of Assyrian Christian refugees admitted to the US in 2016 was something like less than 1% of the total number of Syrian refugees admitted. And, that is the discussion I believe we should have.

This 45 minute documentary is on Netflix right now about some of the Westerners fighting with the YPG. Pretty interesting. There were quite a few women fighting with them as well.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
This 45 minute documentary is on Netflix right now about some of the Westerners fighting with the YPG. Pretty interesting. There were quite a few women fighting with them as well.
I think that a couple of Americans and British volunteers have been killed fighting with the YPG within in the last year and maybe one very recently. And, I think there was an article with interviews about some westerners becoming angry and disillusioned with the YPG that was printed within the last couple of years. I know that the YPG has been involved with the Kurds but I wonder if there are any groups involved with the Assyrian Christians.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
While many of us have a personal definition of domestic terrorism, the US Patriot Act actually defines the term. Interesting that the Patriot Act also expanded the civil forfeiture law to cover assets of those involved in domestic terrorism.

https://www.aclu.org/other/how-usa-patriot-act-redefines-domestic-terrorism

Section 802 of the USA PATRIOT Act (Pub. L. No. 107-52) expanded the definition of terrorism to cover ""domestic,"" as opposed to international, terrorism. A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act ""dangerous to human life"" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to: (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping.

The civil asset forfeiture power of the United States government is awesome. The government can seize and/or freeze the assets on the mere assertion that there is probable cause to believe that the assets were involved in domestic terrorism. The assets are seized before a person is given a hearing, and often without notice. In order to permanently forfeit the assets, the government must go before a court, but at a civil hearing, the time between seizure and forfeiture can sometimes be months;

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.