Donta' Hightower and 2 Other Patriots Not Going to WH

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
The White House is a place that a person would "want" to go and see not "have" to see because of some obligation. Not everybody is interested in the White House (or history for that matter) so, imo, this isn't a thing. People who are trying to make it a thing (just like those who try to make it a thing when Arrieta and Lester, didn't go with the Cubs) are people that are looking to stir up trouble. The visit should be for those who want to go.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The White House is a place that a person would "want" to go and see not "have" to see because of some obligation. Not everybody is interested in the White House (or history for that matter) so, imo, this isn't a thing. People who are trying to make it a thing (just like those who try to make it a thing when Arrieta and Lester, didn't go with the Cubs) are people that are looking to stir up trouble. The visit should be for those who want to go.
Well yeah, if your particular school, organization, etc., wins some sort of raffle and the prize was a trip to the White House.
But I think individuals should show their team the respect they deserve. Now if I'm the team owner, coach, etc. and a team member disrespects his team like this, he will more than likely have some similar disrespect coming his way next season. That is, if he's still with the team next season.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Though I didn't play professional baseball I'm good friends with several guys who went on to play on the professional level. One just retired two years ago after a 13 year career in professional baseball. Thanks to FB I've been able to re-connect with them (along with most of my teammates from college). I've had several "IM" conversations with a few who played pro. It's a job. A highly competitive and cut throat job. You're playing/practicing for your job EVERYDAY. Yes, they get paid handsomely for it but they have to perform at a high level EVERYDAY or someone else takes their roster spot. The enthusiasm and "fun" you had as a kid when playing is gone. If you have family you better be ready to be told at the drop of a hat. "You've been shipped down to AAA. Pack your bags, you're leaving in the morning." Family uprooted once again.

To be honest, once you start playing on the college level it becomes closer to being like a "job" than anytime before. Granted, it's nothing like playing on the professional level. But you're playing with guys who are just as good or better than you are. The amount of practice and work that it takes to stay competitive is worlds different from high school and under.
I concur with based on my experience of running XC and track in college. I enjoyed it for the competition side of it, and helping the team compete for SEC titles, but it is a job. A friend of mine who was a gymnast at Alabama while I was there said the same thing. She loved the experience it gave her and the relationships she made on the team, but it is a job, regardless if you're getting a scholarship or not.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Well yeah, if your particular school, organization, etc., wins some sort of raffle and the prize was a trip to the White House.
But I think individuals should show their team the respect they deserve. Now if I'm the team owner, coach, etc. and a team member disrespects his team like this, he will more than likely have some similar disrespect coming his way next season. That is, if he's still with the team next season.
Someone probably tried to tell Robert Kraft that Dont'a isn't going to the White House but Kraft couldn't hear them over the sound of the money waterfall he just had installed in his living room.

No dollar bills allowed, just straight up Sacajawea gold dollars.

Makes for a terrible distraction when guests are over but it's just too marvelous a sight for Kraft to care. Coincidentally I hear the whole machine powering the waterfall is operated pneumatically- it's true, the gears are spun by using the air from over-inflated footballs. Each ball releases a few PSI at a time until they are to Tom Brady's liking at which time they are shipped to him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.