Donta' Hightower and 2 Other Patriots Not Going to WH
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Donta' Hightower and 2 Other Patriots Not Going to WH

"My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but never preserved except in memory LLAP" Leonard Nimoy

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Re: Donta' Hightower and 2 Other Patriots Not Going to WH

To be fair to Dont'a it says right up front why he isn't going. Fair enough. I'd probably do the same as him.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Talk about a non-story. He didn't go 2 years ago either. He went with Bama, no desire to go back.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    Talk about a non-story. He didn't go 2 years ago either. He went with Bama, no desire to go back.
    Say what you will, there's more to the story than he's telling. Regardless who was the President, if I had the opportunity to meet him/her, I would relish it. Honestly, I would have loved to sat down with President Obama and talked to him for hours to understand his point of view. I doubt that it would have changed mine nor do I think I would have changed his, but still to have that opportunity would be special. Granted, I know it's just a photo op in this case, but be part of the team and suck it up and put politics aside.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Say what you will, there's more to the story than he's telling. Regardless who was the President, if I had the opportunity to meet him/her, I would relish it. Honestly, I would have loved to sat down with President Obama and talked to him for hours to understand his point of view. I doubt that it would have changed mine nor do I think I would have changed his, but still to have that opportunity would be special. Granted, I know it's just a photo op in this case, but be part of the team and suck it up and put politics aside.
    He didn't go when the pats won SB 49. So it's really a non story.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    He didn't go when the pats won SB 49. So it's really a non story.
    eh....as I said, be part of the team. Unless there's a family emergency or such, suck it up.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Say what you will, there's more to the story than he's telling. Regardless who was the President, if I had the opportunity to meet him/her, I would relish it.
    I heard you get to drink all the Dr. Pepper you want when you visit the White House.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I don't blame him. I wouldn't go unless it was a requirement with my job. I've got too much better things to do with my free time and meeting a president means nothing to me. It doesn't sound like the NFL or Patriots have any specific rules on this.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Tom Brady didn't go and a lot of people believe it was due to his lack of affection for Obama. Personally, I would go. Regardless who is in the white house. Simply because it is a team event and I want to be there to represent my team.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

I was at home eating lunch when Dont'a and another one of his teammates were on ESPN and asked this question. I thought it was out of line because they were on discussing the game then out of no where. They were both asked if they would be attending the WH celebration for the team and if they weren't was it for political reasons. But that's ESPN now.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-SEC Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Tom Brady didn't go and a lot of people believe it was due to his lack of affection for Obama. Personally, I would go. Regardless who is in the white house. Simply because it is a team event and I want to be there to represent my team.
    You know, I'm not sure how much "team" spirit I would have as a professional in the offseason. If it was something related to football and the playing of the game, I'm right there with you - but I have a "team" here at work and we work very closely in disaster scenarios around the world, but that doesn't mean that I go to all the events that are planned in the off hours. I've skipped a few functions because I'm a grown adult with other things to do. And unless it's made a job requirement I don't have a problem with him skipping. It certainly hasn't harmed my team chemistry when I miss a function every now and again and I doubt any teammates are going to hold it against Dont'a.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    You know, I'm not sure how much "team" spirit I would have as a professional in the offseason. If it was something related to football and the playing of the game, I'm right there with you - but I have a "team" here at work and we work very closely in disaster scenarios around the world, but that doesn't mean that I go to all the events that are planned in the off hours. I've skipped a few functions because I'm a grown adult with other things to do. And unless it's made a job requirement I don't have a problem with him skipping. It certainly hasn't harmed my team chemistry when I miss a function every now and again and I doubt any teammates are going to hold it against Dont'a.
    I can't relate to professional sports. But I did play athletics through college so my mindset is based in the non professional realm. For the record I don't have a "problem" with him skipping. I just pointed out what I would do.