Question: Getting out of your vehicle and approaching another vehicle in anger. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Re: Getting out of your vehicle and approaching another vehicle in anger.

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    Years ago, I pulled out from a store and stopped behind a car at the nearby intersection. The guy in front of me started looking back and flipping me off. I was in a small pickup and he was in a Z (maybe 280Z; it's been a while) and it was night. I figured he must have thought I had my bright lights on with him being in such a low car.

I flashed my lights at him out of courtesy to let him know that I did not have my brights on; this seemed to tick him off even more. I then did a shave-and-a-haircut honk at him because at this point he seemed ridiculous. He pulled off into a nearby parking lot; I realized after I went past him that he wanted me to follow. I was dying to know what he was upset about (okay, I wasn’t really going to die for it). Still don’t have a clue.
    People crazy man, they really are. It's like Earle alluded to. More times than not whatever minuscule thing you did was simply the "straw that broke the camels back" to a lot of other things that have taken place in that person's life. Wrong place at the wrong time type of scenario.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; February 9th, 2017 at 03:34 PM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    People crazy man, they really are. It's like Earle alluded to. More times than not whatever minuscule think you did was simply the "straw that broke the camels back" to a lot of other things that have taken place in that person's life. Wrong place at the wrong time type of scenario.
    I meant to add that my guess is that the person confused me with someone who did him wrong on the road a little earlier. That or he thought I had my brights on but he should have figured out he was wrong once I flashed them. But yes, it usually someone who has had something building up within.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    "Trunk Ape" or "Trunk Chimp" doesn't have the same ring to it.
    And if the monkey doesn't act right you can spank it; don't know if you can spank the ape or chimp.

A number of years ago there was an incident at the Shelby County Airport exit on I-65. Two women got into a road rage incident and one of them got out of their car to confront the other woman who had been tail gating her. The one who got out was shot and killed by the tail gater.

Of course. Probably no need to worry. It's when the person is 6'2, 230 lbs and screaming like a lunatic that you start having to make some crucial decisions.
    But that's the point - in that situation, any reasonable person could believe the aggressor intended or was likely to cause death or serious bodily injury.

That said, I've carried for a decade now and have never had an issue. It almost always (almost) takes two to tango, so if you keep your cool, the chances that something that happened to your friend will happen to you are very slim.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
    - Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis
    “Namath is still Namath, but I must say that our guys were nice to him. I noticed when they knocked him down, they helped him to his feet. That was gentlemanly. I thought one stood around long enough to get his autograph.” - John McKay

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    But that's the point - in that situation, any reasonable person could believe the aggressor intended or was likely to cause death or serious bodily injury.

That said, I've carried for a decade now and have never had an issue. It almost always (almost) takes two to tango, so if you keep your cool, the chances that something that happened to your friend will happen to you are very slim.

You can never be too prepared. Things can get out of hand instantly.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

You can never be too prepared. Things can get out of hand instantly.
    What does the blue font mean in this context?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    What does the blue font mean in this context?

You go into most situations with a plan of action that includes how you're going to kill someone if necessary? LOL! I know lawyers like to be prepared but dang!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    A number of years ago there was an incident at the Shelby County Airport exit on I-65. Two women got into a road rage incident and one of them got out of their car to confront the other woman who had been tail gating her. The one who got out was shot and killed by the tail gater.
    If it's the same incident I'm recalling, the shooter went to jail.

http://www.shelbycountyreporter.com/...four-years-of/

Shirley Henson, now 45, served four years and about two months of a 13-year sentence for the slaying of Gena Foster of Columbiana, according to Brian Corbett, spokesman for the Alabama Department of Corrections.
    Last edited by Tide1986; February 9th, 2017 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    If it's the same incident I'm recalling, the shooter went to jail.

http://www.shelbycountyreporter.com/...four-years-of/
    That was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Short answer: Do not get out of your vehicle to approach another vehicle in anger. Ever.

You go into most situations with a plan of action that includes how you're going to kill someone if necessary? LOL! I know lawyers like to be prepared but dang!!!
    Many lawyers, even those who practice in backwaters like mine, get brought into situations where there's some personal danger. I'm in two now. I'm always armed...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Many road rage incidents are a by-product of certain drivers ignoring VERY BASIC common courtesy techniques.

I continually wonder why traffic enforcement and safety agencies do not make more effort to educate motorists on what their responsibilities are in this area.

The only time I ever recall seeing anything about common courtesy mentioned is when I read the driver's manual - back in the stone age when I took my first driving test at 15.

The last 2 big campaigns i recall were "Click it or ticket" and "Move over".....neither one of which pertains to how to treat other motorists.