TN proposed bill: Drivers who hit protesters immune to civil liability

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
"It's already a violation of the law to obstruct traffic and obstruct highways," said Mark West. "When they're doing that, we shouldn't have citizens confront citizens. We should have law enforcement confront the violators of the law
Makes sense

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I'm actually fine with this. This blocking the interstate to protest garbage needs to be stopped.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Is it just me or is this non-sensical?:conf2:

From the link:

Under the proposal, if a person is blocking traffic during a protest or demonstration - and a driver hits them, the protester would not be able to sue the driver in civil court for any injuries. The bill says a driver would not be immune from civil liability - if the actions leading up to injuries were willful.

If you hit the protestor on purpose there is no protection?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Didn't realize the right to run over someone was a right.
The right to travel is.

Do you think protestors should have the right to shut down an interstate or other highway? Even a local street? Should me right to travel, to get from point A to point B be restricted or eliminated because someone wants to illegally protest?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
If I was a terrorist or someone wanting to damage the American economy one of the first things I would target would be the roadways and interstates while you were laughing out loud but not getting any food in your grocery store.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
If I was a terrorist or someone wanting to damage the American economy one of the first things I would target would be the roadways and interstates while you were laughing out loud but not getting any food in your grocery store.
Good thing they aren't terrorist

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
You're right. Here's to hoping we get stuck in traffic from these great American citizens during a medical emergency and get to watch a family member die in our car. :cheers2:
You've probably got a bigger chance of getting killed by an asteroid. Better go buy some asteroid insurance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.