TN proposed bill: Drivers who hit protesters immune to civil liability

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
If one stands in traffic, hasn't he chosen his method of death? Let's call it assisted suicide.
I think we should do our best to revive them long enough to sue the protestor for damages to the vehicle. My rights end where your begin and vice versa.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, just look at the ones being hit by cars as "post-natal products of conception" not people, and it's not so bad.
LOL! IOW, dehumanize. I haven't read the thread, but I think anyone who depends on that statute as a defense for injuring someone is a fool...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Most videos I've watched of protesters blocking streets/interstates and highways the police weren't making much of an active effort to clear the roads. If it is illegal to block roads/interstates/highways, then action needs to be taken by the authorities to clear them....immediately. Not sit back and watch. Absent laws being enforced, people will take matters into their own hands. Do I advocate two wrongs making a right mentality? No, but I have no sympathy for someone putting themselves in an idiotic situation and then suffering the consequences that come from those idiotic choices. What's the popular meme I see on facebook a lot? "Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid."

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Most videos I've watched of protesters blocking streets/interstates and highways the police weren't making much of an active effort to clear the roads. If it is illegal to block roads/interstates/highways, then action needs to be taken by the authorities to clear them....immediately. Not sit back and watch. Absent laws being enforced, people will take matters into their own hands. Do I advocate two wrongs making a right mentality? No, but I have no sympathy for someone putting themselves in an idiotic situation and then suffering the consequences that come from those idiotic choices. What's the popular meme I see on facebook a lot? "Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid."
That would make a great public service announcement...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
no but i was wearing a bright neon green t-shirt and had a blinking LED light on the front of my bike on a very sunny day at 6:30 pm in June. I left my sign saying "I am a Libertarian, leave me the hell alone" at home.
They were just "checking" yo white privilege at the door. You out there flaunting it and all. How many did you "micro-agress" before the driver brought the atrocity to an end? Because I'm sure there were many on that same sidewalk who didn't have a bike like you did.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think I'd be inclined to vote against this bill. No, I don't think you should have the right to protest in the streets and block traffic. But I think it opens a whole can of worms if some idiot just plows through a crowd at full speed just because he thinks he has legal approval to do so.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.