Drought over? Lake Oroville flowing over emergency spillway for first time ever...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Oroville Dam: Five workers fired for posting photos to social media

Things are going from bad to worse at California’s battered Oroville Dam. As if the severely damaged spillway wasn’t enough of a danger, the Sacramento Bee is reporting that authorities are pumping out 60,000 cubic feet of water per second (cfs).

Unfortunately, the inflow of water due to the deluge of rain into the Oroville Lake just spiked at roughly 91,000 cfs. And things in the near future don’t look much better.........

But here’s where things start to get a bit strange.
While the State of California is soothing frayed nerves by telling the world (cited above by the Sac Bee) that the water level at the Oroville Lake may be at 850 feet, all is well. After all, the Oroville Dam tops out at 900 feet.
Yet just a few short days ago the Los Angeles Times reported that “the Federal Aviation Administration has issued a temporary ban on flights around the Oroville Dam to allow emergency aircraft to operate safely.”

With both aircraft and drones banned until May 17, the government is claiming the ban is necessary due to work crews continuing “to conduct aerial surveys of the erosion on the emergency spillway.”
http://conservativefiringline.com/oroville-dam-five-workers-fired-posting-photos-social-media/

And if you believe what the government says, I have some prime land to sell you. And, it's located just below a certain unnamed dam..

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Oroville Dam: Five workers fired for posting photos to social media

http://conservativefiringline.com/oroville-dam-five-workers-fired-posting-photos-social-media/

And if you believe what the government says, I have some prime land to sell you. And, it's located just below a certain unnamed dam..
Getting into infowars territory here. The government said no such thing as "all is well." I read the SacBee article and that is a ridiculous inference given what was said in the article.

Regarding the contractors: If your boss tells you no pictures and you post pics anyway, you deserve to be fired.

The no-fly zone is a sensible measure to keep civilian air traffic out of the area so the only folks that need to be in the area can do their jobs free of interference.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Getting into infowars territory here. The government said no such thing as "all is well." I read the SacBee article and that is a ridiculous inference given what was said in the article.

Regarding the contractors: If your boss tells you no pictures and you post pics anyway, you deserve to be fired.

The no-fly zone is a sensible measure to keep civilian air traffic out of the area so the only folks that need to be in the area can do their jobs free of interference.

its obvious they are trying to hide something

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Everyone knows Trump fired up George Bush's weather machine that he used on New Orleans to attack California.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.